(01-23-2005) 'VERTIGO//2005' WORLD TOUR - EXCLUSIVE! - U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Partygirl said:
They're playing my hometown on my birthday!!! Best birthday gift EVER (if I can get tickets that is, otherwise this birthday is going to suck!)!!

I wouldn't mind if Bono would sing me a birthday song! :wink:

partygirl, im trying to get tickets for rome, that's my birtday and we gonna be in italy then.

i would like a birthday dance.......

WOW. U2 in Chicago on my birthday! :hyper: Hmm...I just may have to find a way to blow off my cousin's wedding that day, LOL (seriously!)

I sure hope their third leg brings them down Dallas way...as long as it's not in the heat of the summer, ugh. Nothing like an arena full of hot sweaty stinky U2 fans. :laugh:

can anyone actually see the order page i.e. with ticket prices etc for european gigs. And if so where. Because all i get is the on sale date page which shows me the tour schedule but no links to purchase teh tickets. I know they aren't on sale til tomorrow but i thought they would have let us know the prices etc and have the pages ready.

thats exactly what I had been trying to find out before I booked but couldnt get prices from anywhere.

It meant that when I went to the presale I went for Manchester tickets and it was only then that I found I was to be charged £85 for seats at that venue , when it was standing I wanted.

When I tried to go back and select standing the site stopped me from returning to the page so had to go back to start and enter the code again, but then got barred saying I had already used the code.

Sent off a query mail and after an hour finally got hold of standing tickets for Glasgow at £50 each.

I've calmed down since yesterday...today cooler heads prevail!! I am sure that a 3rd leg of the tour will be added in the fall., and that U2 will come to Toronto again...now I am worried about the problems with the pre-sale. Hopefully all the problems will be worked out by then...so all of us who missed out on this leg, let's hang tough and I am sure it will all work out!! :wink:

jeffersUK said:
Where did you send an email? Just incase I have problems getting tickets for Dublin on Monday?

sorry I cant remember the mail address at the minute and its on the Work PC as had to order the tickets whilst at work.

Don't worry though, as soon as you get to the page for entering your details its explains on there what to do if you need to make an enquiry and the e-mail address is on there as a link.

Dublin eh. For the friday. Want to try and get Dublin tickets myself, but can only make it there for the saturday. Don't think theres any chance of me getting them.

Yes, I think there will be a third leg, too. I'm hoping all of the problems can be sorted out and I can go to see them in Atlanta, but if it doesn't work out hey, I can start planning my trip to Istanbul.

Halup said:
VazK, you should expect 3 shows in Holland, all at the Amsterdam Arena. Reportedly the additional dates there are July 15-16. Holland has always been a fantastic supporter of U2, so I would expect the demand to fully be there for all 3 proposed shows to happen.

Yeah, I know. But the thing is that after watching their gigs starting at a lousy €10 back in the 70's, it really hurts when I see what the prices are now. In 2001 I paid about €50 for best seats. Guess that was a reasonable price that year. €70 this tour isn't in my opinion.
And because Holland has been a great supporter of Europe (and many more European countries I guess) it ain't that nice to see that the major part of the tour takes place in the USA.

Vakz
Yeah, I know. But the thing is that after watching their gigs starting at a lousy €10 back in the 70's, it really hurts when I see what the prices are now.

Inflation. It's all relative. :madspit:

FINALLY the waiting over. Yesterday at the public onsale for a show closest to me (Seattle 4/24 ) I was able to get 2 tickets. Floor was sold out before they started. We only had money for the cheapest seats & because we were 6th in line to buy we were able to get ok seats at 2nd/top level of Key Arena but in the back of the arena but row 1. Not close but we should be able to have a clear view (binoculars should help). THat's the best we could do. I guess they announced a 2nd show tickets sale (nothing was said where we bought them so we had no chance on trying to get tickets to that show). BOTH Sold out right away.

Well aleast we got tickets to go.

Maybe I'll be lucky & win some better tickets like Gen Adm for the 2nd show on 4/25 so we can go to 2 shows!

jedi Larry said:

Inflation. It's all relative. :madspit:
Inflation is about 3,5%/year. Prices were around €45. Four years later with a total inflation of about 14%, prices should be about €52.50.
I guess we have to thank MOJO, Ticketmaster and the people that sell and buy tickets on the black market for prices now a day:|....

Back
Top Bottom