(01-05-2005) U2 Postpone World Tour - Rolling Stone* - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour News
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
I think it's logistical reasons, and that the "family illness" thing was either taken out of context or is just plain false.
Do you even hear yourself?

Suggesting that the guys would fake a family illness just because of logistical issues is fucking sick. Shame on you.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #22
Acrobat

I heard that it wasn't a family illness but a booking issue with some of the dates that's forced them to push back the tour which will cause them to move some of the dates they orignally planned for March to September. Which apparently means the toronto dates and given i'm going to university next year I might not be able to make a september show which means i may not get to see them

Old 01-08-2005, 11:54 AM   #23
The Fly

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Do you even hear yourself?

Suggesting that the guys would fake a family illness just because of logistical issues is fucking sick. Shame on you.
Hey hold on there buddy, I just meant that the rag of a "newspaper" that is the Irish Star might have jumped the gun, or, shock horror, made something up. Jees....
Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM   #24
The Fly

Oh, you weren't quoting me... Um, I should prob read the whole post before typing a bitchy reply. Sorry! I'm sure no harm was meant by DaveC anyway.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

It's one of the Edge's daughters that is sick, his second youngest. It's been in too many media outlets here just to be a rumour.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:47 AM   #26
The Fly

Local Time: 11:10 PM
What's important?

I think people should step back a bit and remember what's important. I'd rather they cancelled the tour completely so they can concentrate on those nearest and dearest to them.

Mine and I'm sure everyone elses thoughts go out to Edge and his family. The tour is irrelevant in such circumstances.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 10:10 AM
Re: What's important?

Quote:
Originally posted by aardvark
I think people should step back a bit and remember what's important. I'd rather they cancelled the tour completely so they can concentrate on those nearest and dearest to them.

Mine and I'm sure everyone elses thoughts go out to Edge and his family. The tour is irrelevant in such circumstances.
Good speach
Old 01-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: What's important?

Quote:
Originally posted by boystupidboy

Good speach
Wrong Aardvark boy....

Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 10:10 AM
Re: Re: Re: What's important?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

Wrong Aardvark boy....

?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #30
Refugee

Financeguy, I sincerely hope you're wrong. However you seem to be a "local yokel", and Dublin scuttlebutt is rarely wrong, (whatever the media may or may not say), I have heard that Dublin is too small of a big town to keep a secret indefinitely. It's like a small town in America, and having heard the band say this in many interviews, and having been to Dublin myself , I believe it.

So the Dublin scuttlebutt points to "the second youngest" daughter ailing. And her name is BLUE ANGEL. Oh, horrible irony...

I think I'm going to take a break from the site for the next couple of days. The news is just too depressing. This was going to be one of the best years in the band's history, with the CD at a potential commercial high, even in the U.S, and their 25th anniversary etc. If you are right, then this will cast a pall over the entire length of whatever tour emerges from the smoking ruins of this. I can only hope we fans will be in a position to offer, on our part, whatever little comfort we as strangers can.

I've digressed on this a little too much in another thread and gotten a comuppance for it. It;s just that I can't resist logging in to this site every day for any kind of news and wanting to talk and commiserate with other fans about this, my tongue has run off a little too much. I want to shut up and keep quiet but I can't. I guess I have to put a gag order on myself or I'll get in trouble. Perhaps I should mention that I'm one of those longtime 20 -yr + fans who have grown up with the band literally since they were little kids and the band has become like family, so any news of this sort hits hard.

And I may be a Yank but I'm half-Irish and we CAN'T SHUT UP

I think I'll get off now. For a few days. Que sera, sera. All my prayers and love, Edge.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #31
The Fly

Apparently, Sian Evans has lukehemia (so yes it was one of those damn kids)
Old 01-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by msmarylynne
Old 01-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #33
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by msmarylynne
if this is indeed true, i would seriously doubt we will see a u2 tour this year. and although very treatable (guessing ALL by the age) a terrible hardship for their family.... they will have my deepest sympathies and prayers if this is true...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #34
The Fly

Leukemia? Awful.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #35
The Fly

I dont even want U2 to tour if it is true.

My work is nearby my home, and I can get there whenever I am needed if my son is sick.
You must have the time to go home every day if a loved one is sick, flu or worse.....

I want a daddy to be home, thats all that matters.
And I do not need to hear something from the edge as well. I dont tell every body my son is sick as well. Not even our queen does that for that matter. And she is a very public figure to.

Love from Holland
Mawt
Old 01-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #36
The Fly

I'd rather they didnt tour until Sian is fully recovered. She needs her Dad. No tour is so important that you put it in front of your sick childs health.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #37
The Fly

Recover? I didn't realise you could recover. I thought you basically had it and either were very ill or worse......

This is very sad.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #38
War Child

Leukemia is a treatable (note I didn't say "curable") disease. I'm not sure the rate of recovery, but there's been great strides made.

Also, why did you say "damn kids." What kind of statement is that?!
Old 01-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #39
The Fly

acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common for the age group, if discovered early and and managed appropriately has an overall event free survival rate greater than 75% (which to most means "cure")...
still a lot of variables...

i hope it is simply a vicious rumor... if i were in that situation, i would never work again until my child were in remission and out of therapy....
Old 01-13-2005, 05:17 AM   #40
Babyface

Tour Postponed

What I am hearing is that The Edge's child was just diagnosed with Leukemia. If this is true, people should really stop worrying about when and if they can see the tour. Have some compassion. However, I know some of the reactions are preliminary and people may not have heard why the tour was being postponed. I am sure that when they tour there will be enough shows played that you can have a good chance of seeing them somewhere if you really want to.