Experience : Mr_LeMon *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
Experience : Mr_LeMon

[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/interview/lmnbonothumb.gif [/SIMG]
Shine Like a Burning Star with: Mr_LeMon
By Devlin Smith

It�s been a year since the story started, a few enviable postings followed by scores of amazing pictures of a small group of U2 fans actually making it through the front doors of Hanover Quay studio to have an impromptu meet-and-greet with Bono and The Edge. But really, it began during the Elevation tour when Mr_LeMon, a 23-year-old student, Web designer and bass player from Budapest, Hungary, had the ultimate U2 experience when Bono pulled him on stage, resplendent in MacPhisto gear.

Since those incredible adventures, Mr_LeMon, who is also part of Station, a band that includes U2 covers in its set list, has started a Web site http://limelight.pcdome.hu and become, even though he doesn�t quite see it that way, a famous U2 fan.

Below, Interference.com puts some questions to Mr_LeMon.

lmnbonostairs.gif

When did you first become a U2 fan?

Well, I�ve known U2 [for] ages. My mother decorated my room with some posters taken from music magazines, and she said, �See, that�s U2,� I think in the early �90s. I started listening to U2 in 1995 when the band made �Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.� I know it wasn�t a long time ago, but since then I am a hardcore U2 fan.

What drew you to the band and its music?

I don�t really know, I don�t really know why I am falling in love with a girl, �cos they all different. It�s the same with music, maybe it was the mood of a song, a melody, but I know why I love U2 now. In my opinion, U2�s music has [a] brain, it�s the most simple kind of music but how it sounds and how the band perform the songs, that�s magic, they really catch you on the first listening.

When did you first start dressing as different Bono characters?

People sometimes shout at me on the streets, �Hey, there�s Bono.� I don�t really like it because I am not Bono, okay, I wear the same shades as Bono and maybe the same kind of clothes, but only because if that dress looks good on him, maybe they�ll suit me too. Everybody follows some kind of fashion or anti-fashion fashion, well my designer is Bono.

About the different Bono characters, I put on my MacPhisto costume first [for] a Halloween party five years ago. I think I looked good [because] I was able to use my devilish power to seduce my beautiful English teacher. Then the new U2 tour started, I got a new dream, I wanted to be on stage with the band and the simplest way to get there is to dress up really flashy with makeup and golden suit, and MacPhisto was reborn.

How many Elevation tour shows did you see?

I�ve only saw three Elevation shows, the first Paris gig, the second one in Vienna, and the Berlin show.

Did you dress up as MacPhisto or other Bono characters for all of those shows?

No, nothing special on the first two, just my blue shades. But on the third one�I decided to be a part of the show, a highlight. I asked my very good friend to make me a golden suit for my MacPhisto costume; I made the horns, platform shoes, vampire teeth etc. Before the gig I [did] my make-up and traveled through Berlin by Metro with my friends, Szabolcs and Shane, everybody looked really scared, I can tell you. I was able to manage myself to the first row in the heart, when the band went on stage Bono noticed me and just stared. also [had] a book-like banner with funny quotes, Adam really loved it. When my favorite song started Bono came to me, crouched and reached his hand, lifted me up and there I was, on the stage. Bono was holding me really strong and we started singing �The Fly� intro, now that was gorgeous.

lmnbonostage.gif

You have a U2 tribute band, did this start before or after you were pulled up on stage?

I�d already been in that band for a year.

How did that on-stage moment influence your band?

Nothing special happened. My band mates were really happy [for] me, but the band was reforming and we didn�t have any gigs, I did not have an audience to tell the news.

Why did you want to be part of a U2 tribute band?

The band formed in 1997, and I know them since 1998. I always wanted to play the music, which I love, and when their bass player quit the band, I joined.

stationband.gif

What's the name of your band, where do you perform and what U2 eras does your show consist of?

We are Station [and] we usually play in small pubs and clubs but we also did some summer festivals and are the official band of the Hungarian U2 fan club. The band won some competitions and some famous Hungarian musicians approve our band because of our own songs, we [don�t] just play U2. We play [U2] songs from every era, our singer prefers the early songs, the others do the newest. Our U2 repertoire is not that big, about 25 songs, because we do not have synthesizer and we just couldn�t play songs like �Beautiful Day� or �Where the Streets Have No Name� without it. We always do acoustic blocks and have belly dancers to one of our song.

You also met Bono and Edge in Dublin last year; can you share that story?

My very-good-sexy-friend Suzie told me that the band is working in the studio and met them the week before. I bought my ticket to Dublin and next day there I was with my friends Suzie, Christy (Mullen-Girl) and Mike at the Hanover Quay. Two big Mercedes arrived, a few minutes later B-Man came out and said, �Hi guys, don�t you want to come over here and say hello?� There was Edge, too. They were really lovely, we were chatting for 20 minutes before they went back to work. Bono was playing my guitar, we swapped shades, gave him a birthday card, a Station CD, South Park U2 T-shirt. Bono was extra charming. Oh yes, and he recognized me.

lmnbonoglasses.gif

You have a Web site, how have you integrated U2 in your work with that site?

Well, before I officially became a Web designer I started to plan to make a quite big and spectacular U2 fan site but then I hadn�t enough time to make it. After I�ve been on stage with Bono I said I�ll make a site, at least I�ll share my story with other people, that�s how �Who�s in the Limelight?� was born. I also made a Goodies section where U2 fans can find a lot of U2 related goodies. I also wanted (still want) to make a site where U2 fans can ask Bono questions and he will reply [to] several of them every month, AskMrBono.com. I told my plan personally to Bono, he said great idea but when I got home and tried to make contact with him through the management, I wasn�t lucky again.

How has it felt to be gaining notoriety as a U2 super-fan through your experiences meeting the band?

Me, a famous super-fan? No. Bono said �everything changes� but honestly nothing did. Got great memories to remember. I know it could be better but, sorry to say, in Hungary no one is interested what you�re doing, I wasn�t able to share my stories. Once I did with a magazine where they were writing how I went on stage with Bono, they asked me [for] pictures for the article, I gave them a few, and they chose the one where there is only Bono on the picture. I also tried to nominate myself to MTV Carlsberg Best Fan Award but it seems I wasn�t good enough. A guy who once drew his idol did it.

What are your aspirations for your band and your Web site?

With the site I don�t really have a goal, just wanna share my experiences and help the fans with my goodies. With the band I really want to make a musician career, with our own songs, of course.

Do you have any big U2-related goals or dreams left to accomplish?

Yeah, three weeks ago I wasn�t lucky enough to meet the band again in Dublin (I was sitting at HQ for a week). I wanted to ask Bono to make a cameo appearance in a Station video; got the idea, got the storyboard, I�m sure he would accept to do the job. And I wanna be on stage once again but with a guitar this time. And if U2 would finally come back to Hungary, I want Station to be the support band.

Why are you a U2 fan?

I am still a fan [because] the band still [has] my interest with their music, their appearances, etc. They are still fresh and funny. I really love these four Irish lads.

lmnheadphones.gif

Mr Lemon-
Ive been talking w/a friend of yours from Germany, Mr Shane.
He too seems like a nice felow like you.

diamond
bruno.

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!I know I shouldn't show my face around here after last August but hey.....

Regards to Mr_Lemon, Suzie, Szabolcs, Laci, Gabor and other Hungos.

Hope yall doing good.

Meleg Shane

Re: Experience : Mr_LeMon

salomeU2000 said:
You also met Bono and Edge in Dublin last year; can you share that story?

My very-good-sexy-friend Suzie told me that the band is working in the studio and met them the week before. I bought my ticket to Dublin and next day there I was with my friends Suzie, Christy (Mullen-Girl) and Mike at the Hanover Quay. Two big Mercedes arrived, a few minutes later B-Man came out and said, ?Hi guys, don?t you want to come over here and say hello?? There was Edge, too. They were really lovely, we were chatting for 20 minutes before they went back to work. Bono was playing my guitar, we swapped shades, gave him a birthday card, a Station CD, South Park U2 T-shirt. Bono was extra charming. Oh yes, and he recognized me.

Oh, I love the way you refer to me... *smoooochies*

I am so jelous! I have been a U2 fan since 91 and I still haven't had the chance to lay my eyes on Bono in person!
You ROCK!

Hey Suzie! :) Don't now what mail address u using but check yo u2freak.zzn.com email.

Back
Top Bottom