New U2 Album : All The Info We Can Find *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where is are agent in Dublin for information. We need Ireland Interferencer's to do a little investigation on this.

Its definitely going to be prior to the official start of Summer on June 21 I believe. Neil McCormick, a long time friend of the band says the album is coming out this Spring. So that means any day from Mid March to June 21.

I'm thinking they are going to release it in May, with the tour starting in September. Bono mentioned in December that he has to get in shape because their going on tour next fall.

NameOfLove19 said:
This post has not been updated for months and it's driving me crazy!!! I want info, and I want it NOW! :mad: :tsk: :banghead:

I last updated it on Dec. 27th. There has been no official news about the album or tour and we are doing our best to keep up with all the rumors floating around the Internet. If anyone does hear or see anything they'd like to share with the community, please send me an e-mail or a PM. I do need a source for any information we post here.

Thanks!!
dsmith2904
devlin@interference.com

Nice update. Were so close to March 9, perhaps next week we will start to hear or see something.

Elvis,

What about this:

"Exclusive: Regine Moylett of RMP London, U2's PR agency, told Interference.com the following, "We are not expecting a record until next winter so no announcements for
some time yet.""

This just came in today. This makes it sound like the album is a year a way! Next winter does not start until December 21, 2004!

I hope someone can clear this up.

Why can't U2 just post a short statement on U2.com:

"We expect the new album will be finished and released in......"

They don't have to give an exact date or something, just an indication. Fans are getting pissed off from all this speculation (I know a am!).

Hi
I'm a webmaster of www u2vsmrboh com
on italian universal music site there's a news that the new album of the band will be on store this may, the particular of news are on my first page of site.

greets
mrBoh

Thanks for the info. I think this confirms it. The album is coming in May. The tour will start in September. Thanks MrBoh!

For what its worth the latest edition of Q Magazine - usually in the know, and often with interviews with the band well before release- has it as a Spring release.

Mike

Exclusive! U2 can't you leave behind! Tomorrow monday 26 january you'll see something amazing about your favourite band on this site! What's that? A scoop on the new album? An unbelievable broadcast? Who knowS? I'm not gonna tell you! Muahahahaha!

I saw this over at U2Star.com it may be worth checking out????

i heard on the radio the other day that U2 may be playing in Toranto Canada sometime this year which may lead to a major tour

Yeah, that's great, but most magazines/articles are probably not as informed as this site. I think we know more than they do. :scratch:

:huh:

Elvis, I followed the link, but didn't see anything about U2, at least on the front page. ??

My GOD March 8 that's like almost NOW:eek: :dance:

sd

is it september its coming out? i really do hope they go back to their routes , i dont like their poppy side. having said that half of the songs on their previous album where amazing

WORD up

I wanna hear them remake: Heaven & Hell

it was part of the achtung baby studio workings. I think it's a beautiful song that had a lot of potential

peace

Paul McGuinness confirms U2 release date and tour start

I was listening to UK radio last night - BBC Radio 5 -
and they had a short phone conversation with Paul
McGuinness on their Late Night Live programme.
Principally this was to talk about a debate Paul had
been taking part in regarding the merits of Reality TV
shows and their affect on the music industry (Pop Idol
etc.) At the end of the conversation Paul was asked
what U2 were up to and he said that they were
recording in Dublin, he hoped that they were nearly
finished and that a record would be out in November
(the album?) AND that the tour would start in March
next year in Miami.

i.e. 4 years after Elevation started which was four years after Popmart started

Well since we have a section called 'everything you know was wrong', how about a new section called, 'where we thought the album had a name', and set up a new one called, 'where it's pretty much official so find all your almost official album information here as of May 2004' so that we don't have to crawl through old and redundant information?/?

Word Up

Jim said:
Well since we have a section called 'everything you know was wrong', how about a new section called, 'where we thought the album had a name', and set up a new one called, 'where it's pretty much official so find all your almost official album information here as of May 2004' so that we don't have to crawl through old and redundant information?/?

Word Up

As the Interference Team diligently maintains the New Album Info page, and updates it every time a news piece breaks, not to mention a new "The Very latest news" section at the top, I would day it's pretty darn well organized and not redundant at all.

See for yourself: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76122&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Back
Top Bottom