Collect: U2 Three - The Holy Grail *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Collect: U2 Three - The Holy Grail

[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/collect/u2three-thmb.jpg[/SIMG]By Joel Tanner - Chief 'Elvis'
u2three.jpg

Limited to only 1000 copies, this hand numbered record sports an orange CBS cover, and Limited Edition sticker.

This item may as well be considered the Holy Grail in the world of U2. Seeing as though few of these ever seem to be for sale, we've decided to showcase this particular Ebay auction.

Apparently some U2 fans are such avid collectors that they are willing to spend $1700 USD (at time this was written) to prove it. In the past. We've seen other copies sell for a third of this price, or even less.

I'll be sitting this one out. Are you willing to slap'em down for the Original U2 - Three?

If your startup just went IPO this is the U2 item for you!

Record Details:
U2 - Three Catalog#12-7951 Label:CBS Country:Ireland

Auction Link (July 2003):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2547272124

Note: Interference.com has nothing to do with this auction, nor do we know the seller. Bid at your own risk.

Closing/winning bid on this item was US $2,561.00.

Thats about 5-6 times the actual value. Insane.

ah but elvis what is the actual value? it seems these days its a safe bet to spend that amount of cash on s.th as the holy grail.

Flaming Friar Sr said:
ah but elvis what is the actual value? it seems these days its a safe bet to spend that amount of cash on s.th as the holy grail.

The actual value...can't be found in any book it's determined by the market

bottom line...it's worth what ppl are willing to pay for it

Hello,

The price guide on the @U2 site lists it for $ 450 - 1200, but that's just a guide. As Arun says, it's determined by the market.
The site also has a nice column about U23, including a link to someone's site dedicated to U23 (including an archive of known numbered versions and yes, it's updated to include the Ebay one).

As for me, I'm happy with my 7" of U23 (a reissue IIRC), so I am the owner of these three exclusive tracks not found anywhere else. I therefore have no urge to spend such an insane amount on the 12".

Now, if somebody has the Numb promo with the Perfecto Mix on it... :D

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom