Auction Block : Going, going . . . but not gone: U2 on Ebay #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
By Chenoa Marquis

This week: Things that make you go �Hmmm?�

There seems to be a run on ticket stubs lately, some from shows as far back as 1987, some, like these two examples, from more recent tours. I�m not sure why these are such a hot purchase (unless you want to paper your room with U2 concert stubs, as one �Are You Obsessed with U2 checklist suggests), but if you�re interested in starting a collection, they�re reasonably priced and, for obvious reasons, don�t cost a lot to ship. Sellers of this kind of item usually have multiples for sale, so you can save even more on shipping.

http://bonovox.interference.com/auction/ticketmadison.jpg
http://bonovox.interference.com/auction/ticketyankee.jpg

Reaching even further into the realm of random band-related paper products, we find a piece guaranteed to excite even the most hardened autograph collector. It�s an index card, hand-signed by the B-Man himself and dated 2002. I could hardly believe myself when I saw it; it�s one of those things that would make a great story (�I saw Bono on the way home from the library and all I had on me was a pack on index cards . . .�) but I�m not sure it�s as much fun secondhand. However, it does have a very low starting price.

bonoindexcard.jpg

Moving, if I may partially paraphrase the saying, from the mildly sublime to the rather ridiculous, we find this alleged 8x10 �old school� photo of Bono with a caption explaining the photo shoot. Correct me if I�m wrong, my friends, but this looks suspiciously like a page torn out of a magazine. Now, it�s a very nice picture, and I�m not saying there�s anything wrong with selling clippings (I saw a great lot of Bono clippings listed a few weeks ago), but I�m not certain that calling a magazine page an 8x10 photo is precisely consistent with truth-in-advertising.

bono8x10.jpg

Amongst the crop of imitation Bono sunglasses, I came across this pair that combines uniqueness with questionable functionality in an entirely new way. Apparently made by a British company that specializes in custom-made shade catering to fans of various teams, bands and such, they conjure up images of the PopMart disco ball lemon. They also have the appearance of being impossible to actually see through, proving that, at least in this case, love is blindness.

u2shades.jpg

For the golf enthusiasts among us, I offer you a fun, yet functional Bono ball marker. The many, many, MANY terrible puns that spring to mind will remain unspoken, at least by me: you, gentle reader, need feel no such qualms about self-censorship. Besides, the picture is comment enough. I especially like the little clubs and golf balls around the edge. (Yes, I�m perfectly aware of what I just said, and, again, no puns were intended.)

bonogolfmarker.jpg

Last in this sampling of current listings: a plastic bag. But not just any plastic bag. This one has promotional material for All That You Can�t Leave Behind on the front, as well as the heart-in-a-suitcase logo. I suppose you could use it for putting ATYCLB memorabilia in; but then, it would get all stretched out of shape and lose its collectibility. Though when a plastic bag has collectibility, I get a little nervous about the state of the world. Oh, well . . . at least they�re not selling U2 airsickness baggies yet . . .

plasticbag.jpg

Next time: U2 in your closet: Let�s play dress up! See you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom