Adam: Another Time Another Place*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://forum.interference.com/gallery/data//585/11632adam_thumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Roland Schulte

As Adam Clayton, U2's stately and sexy bassist, gets ready to celebrate another year in the life, he may look back and wonder, what if? What if I hadn’t met those Lypton Village kids in high school? What if I didn’t have that crazy Afro and wild clothing? Why did I pick up a bass guitar instead of a saxophone?

To help put Adam’s mind at ease, I offer the following alternative occupational paths for the "musical conscience" of U2.

Investment Banker: Call London, call New York, call Chicago. Schmooze with the big boys and set the money to music—all in a day's work for the world's favorite financial guru. Adam's look, especially the square-rimmed glasses, would convince any investor to go with Bank Adam.

Cardiovascular Surgeon: Who better to bring your heart back to full health than Adam? He's got that doctorial look about him (his PopMart getups alluded to this ability). You'd love to see him walking down the hall after surgery, clad in a smart doctor’s coat, to let you know your loved one was going to be okay.

11632adamcutout.jpg

(Image: U2.com)

Concierge for a Five-Star Hotel: "Welcome to the Four Seasons. May I assist you with your bags, or arrange a lovely dinner?" Adam would set up every guest with an unbelievable evening, and wouldn't care about the tip; he'd do it to pursue poshness for every man. He'd get the tip anyway.

Airline Pilot: If you imagine yourself sitting in first class, enjoying a beverage, you can hear Adam's voice over the intercom. "We anticipate an on time arrival, so sit back relax, and enjoy the flight." Adam would be one of those pilots who make you feel comfortable, and puts your mind at ease.

Whatever the alternative path, Adam would have been one of those folks who made everything look easy and everyone around him look good, not taking, but deserving, all the credit. Happy Birthday, Adam.

Last edited:
Thank God Adam did pick up the bass, otherwise I may not have done so myself.
Happy Birthday Adam!!
best wishes,

"posh"
U2JT.com

I never thought of Adam as a great bass player...the show and thrills and so forth...just another bassest. Wrong was I. Adam is the most consistant, structured, foundational and rhythmic 4 string guitarist i have ever heard. He is in a league of his own among Bassist. Lawrence

Adam is a great bassist the most consistent focused your see imo. He's dad was a airline pilot for BA. Adam got the manner and focus for that i think. He seems like a real genuine nice guy. Him and edge probably best at what they do ever maybe

Hi!

Speaking of Adam....it was rather strange as last night I had a series of dreams. As most of my dreams are prophetic in nature...this one had to do with Adam.

It was a scenario where a large group of people were weaving in and out of the picture.....like they had an agenda to tend to......well Adam took me aside by the arm......and this is the best part: I asked Adam if he liked the Beatles and he said no and then I asked him if he liked Kenny Chesney and he said no and finally I asked him if he liked Tim McGraw and he said no..we walked for a while..and the dream ended.

But the worst part of the whole dream was that it really was Adam but not really Adam but he was an attractive man with the only feature I could remember were the bluest eyes I have ever seen....even bluer than mine.

Talk about your Adam weirdness......don't know how this dream entered my saga of dream events.

I know all you Adam fans are probably jealous......but he was mine for a moment anyway....even if he were not the real Adam........:adam:

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom