U2 Site of the Week: A Screaming Flower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
by Maya Akin

ascremingflower.gif

With her website, A Screaming Flower, 17 year old Tanya Topchev is single-handedly improving the reputations of homemade U2 websites everywhere. The all too common and painfully obvious biographies of the band (did you know that Bono is from Ireland?) that are so prevalent on other websites are nowhere to be found here. Instead, A Screaming Flower uses a beautiful black and white design and features lots of quirky little items, a U2 word search, and a brief ?how to make your own 3D [U2] garden? to name a few.

?I didn't want to make just another U2 picture/quote/discography site. I wanted mine to be different,? Tanya says, adding that, ?there were plenty of U2 news sites that always seemed so serious. I thought that what the U2 community needed was a site dedicated to the fun and goofy aspects of the band.?

Among other things, the site -which Tanya created and maintains entirely on her own - has various screensavers to download, a U2 doll adoption centre as well as a tremendously humorous ?create your own caption? section. My favorite of the aforementioned virtual non-sequiturs features a picture of Bono and Edge playing in an empty stadium (presumably conducting a sound check) and features the caption ?I was only kidding when I said Britney Spears was a guest vocalist! I hope the crowd knew that!?

When asked how she became a U2 fan, Tanya responded that she has been listening to U2 since she was young, but, it wasn?t until ?If God Will Send His Angels? was released that she started, ?actually getting interested in them.? Although, she says, ?at the time, I didn't know they were the band that created such classics as ?I Still Haven't Found What I?m Looking For,? ?With Or Without You? and ?One.?? Tanya sites ?Elevation? as the video that got her ?hooked? on U2. Remembering the first time she saw ?Elevation,? she says, ?[that] video was -and still is- the coolest video I have ever seen.?

Visit A Screaming Flower at www.ascreamingflower.com

Webmasters: Would you like to see your site as "U2 Site of the Week"? Simply submit your site to the U2 Links Database ( http://forum.interference.com/links.php?action=addlink ) and you're site will be eligible.

Back
Top Bottom