U2 Fan Profile : martha *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/marthathumb.gif[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

marthaavatar.jpg

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features everyone?s favorite podiatry patient, Martha.

Your real name and screen name?
Martha Radosevich/ martha.

What's the story behind your screen name?
It's my first name. I'd never even seen a forum like Interference before, so I used my real name. I like it that way. I didn't capitalize it because I'm a lousy typist!

martha.gif

Why did you join Interference?
I love the band, and Interference seemed like a good place to share that love and get new information. I never dreamed that I'd end up making so many new friends!

When did you join Interference?
March 30, 2001.

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?
I'm afraid to say! My monthly Earthlink invoice frequently says that I've spent 50+ hours online, and I know much of that is spent here at Interference!

Where will you most likely be found visiting at Interference?
Lemonade Stand, Bang and Clatter, ETYKIW, and PLEBA.

What is your earliest memory of U2?
I loved ?I Will Follow? when it came out, so that must be it. I do remember coming home from some random concert with a carload of my girlfriends and hearing KLOS playing U2. We damn near crashed the car, KLOS was a hard rock station, they would never play New Wave! We knew then that U2 had arrived!

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?
When ?I Will Follow? came out. My vinyl copy of Boy was purchased when the album itself was new.

Why are you a U2 fan?
The music, everything else is secondary.

What is your favorite U2 moment?
During the War tour (I think, although it may have been The Unforgettable Fire [tour], but I don't think so), they closed the show with ?40.? It was at the LA Sports Arena, and we had to take the escalator up to the street level after the show. The whole crowd, all the way up the escalator, was singing the refrain: "How long...." over and over again. It was wonderful.

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?
I'd like to be able to teach like they play. Whenever I hear either the studio or the live version of ?A Sort Of Homecoming,? I want to be able to teach like that's played. The way the band integrates the instruments, the voice, and the production is astounding. The talent that's evident there is amazing! That's not really a lesson or an insight; it's more of an inspiration.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?
Well, I'd like to meet them, but not as a fan, as fellow travelers, maybe. I don't know.

What is your favorite U2 song, album?
?Two Hearts Beat as One? is the greatest song ever. The Joshua Tree is my favorite album.

Awesome Martha...you know, that show you mentioned was the War tour, and I was there too...to think we probably passed one another, or were standing next to each other sing..."How long to sing this song..." Great memories, and great profile on a great fan and person.

Chris

I was a bit afraid of what your reply to the "U2 dream or fantasy" question was going to be... :sexywink:

You're great Martha! :hug:

:wave:

:heart:

That's a nice profile! :up:
BTW, how come you know exactly when you joined the forum? I can't even estimate the month I joined without looking at my profile (and since I haven't posted in this thread you I cannot tell you at the moment).

Anyway...
When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?
When ?I Will Follow? came out. My vinyl copy of Boy was purchased when the album itself was new.

This is one of the many reasons why you're so infinitely loveable. :D

:kiss:

Marty

edit: doesn't know what exactly happened in June 2001.... :eek:

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:

BTW, how come you know exactly when you joined the forum?

If you click on your full profile, there is a line near the bottom that says "Member since: mm/dd/yr" - I'm guessing that's how she knew ;)

Thanks for sharing martha! :wave:

:heart: we did that at the la sports arena show in 1987, too ... josh tour.
sang 40 all the way out to the parking lot ... incredible.

what a lovely profile.
i was fortunate enough to meet martha in las vegas earlier this year. :)

i've had the pleasure of meeting martha..... she bought my spare Vegas Elevation tickets and a one of my tshirts. ;)

plus she sent me an authentic Joshua Tree postcard. hehehehe.

one the sweetest people i've met both here and in the flesh.

thanks martha for being you

salomeU2000 said:

Why are you a U2 fan?
The music, everything else is secondary.

What is your favorite U2 moment?
During the War tour (I think, although it may have been The Unforgettable Fire [tour], but I don't think so), they closed the show with ?40.? It was at the LA Sports Arena, and we had to take the escalator up to the street level after the show. The whole crowd, all the way up the escalator, was singing the refrain: "How long...." over and over again. It was wonderful.
Music first: :yes: Absolutely.

Leaving the show with everyone still singing sounds beautiful! I love the idea.

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom