U2 Fan Profile : Bonochick *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/bonochickthumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

bonochickavatar.jpg

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features moderator and Ryan Adams chick, Bonochick.

What?s your real name and screen name?

Katherine/Bonochick

What's the story behind your screen name?

The first username I ever had online was Menomineechick, Menominee being my hometown, a friend had set it up for me but I didn't like it. I substituted Bono for Menominee, and I have been known online as Bonochick ever since.

Why did you join Interference?

I'd gone away to university and was living in the dorms. I had no cable TV, and the local radio stations were awful, so I had no way of keeping up with U2. I went to the university library to search for U2, and I discovered Interference.

bonochickathrine.jpg

When did you join Interference?

I began regularly visiting the site in September of 2000, but I didn't register until November 17th.

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?

I would say probably about four to six hours a day, at least.

Which forums will you most likely be found at Interference?

It's Official and Dream Out Loud are my favorite haunts. I also love Just The Bang And
The Clatter because it introduces me to a lot of music I wouldn't have otherwise heard about.

What is your earliest memory of U2?

I remember sitting on the living room floor, watching the video for "Even Better Than The Real Thing," I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. My parents had been U2 fans even before that, so I'm sure I heard U2 a lot, but that is my earliest specific memory.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?

I fell in love with their music on April 1, 1995, that was the day my parents gave me a copy of The Joshua Tree. I was amazed by the album and knew I would want to remember that date. I'm glad I did because I can celebrate my U2 anniversary every
year!

Why are you a U2 fan?

They make beautiful music that has had a great impact on my life, not to mention the fact that the band is comprised of four great men. I really could go on and on, but let's just keep it short and sweet!

What is your favorite U2 moment?

PopMart in Madison on June 25th, 1997, it was my first U2 show. I was 15 at the time, so my parents took my sister and me, even though it was four hours away. I was so excited when I first saw Bono that I started to hyperventilate, I remember Mom yelling to Dad,
"Make her sit down before she passes out!!"

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?

To avoid getting too personal or telling all of my sob stories, let me just say that All That You Can't Leave Behind truly saved my life.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?

I would love to have U2 play at private party for the Interferencers, with a duet by Bono and myself in the set!

What is your favorite U2 song, album?

"Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses," All That You Can't Leave Behind.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

was he saying BOOOOOOOOO or BOOOOOOOOOOOOONOCHICK?

i was saying BOOOOOOOOOOOONOCHICK

Back
Top Bottom