U2 Fan Profile : Angela Harlem *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/angelaharlemthumb.gif[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

angelaharlemavatar.gif

We know each other's avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features Forum Super Moderator Angela Harlem.

Your real name (first name only is okay) and screen name?
Anna/Angela Harlem.

What's the story behind your screen name?
My mum was having a fine time mocking me in a "Rattle & Hum" phase and picked on aspects of Bono to try to rile me. One was his elocution in songs such as "Angel of Harlem" which she claimed sounded like Angel A' Harlem, which soon became Angela Harlem. It kinda stuck.

angelaharlem.gif

Why did you join Interference?
I had recently got the internet connected and one of the first things I searched for was U2. Interference was the first site that took my interest and I have lived here ever since.

When did you join Interference?
I think it was about September 2000, not Dec 1969 or Jan 1970 (depending on your timezone) as this profile suggests!

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?
I spend a few hours most days on here. I have a terrible addiction.

What are some of your favorite Interference haunts?
Free Your Mind, It's Official, Lemonade Stand, Zoo Confessionals.

Why did you want to become a forum administrator?
Interference has gone through many transitions. Watching with everyone else as the site evolved was exciting, but being given the opportunity of more actively being a part of it was too good to turn down!

What's your favorite thing about being a forum administrator?
It's more about helping build this than anything else I think. Watching it grow, being able to help make those changes to continue that. It's a lot of fun overall.

What is your earliest memory of U2?
Band Aid '84 was the first memory but I was too young to appreciate it at the time unfortunately. The first time I paid them any attention was after watching the "All I Want is You" video on a TV show called Video Hits.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?
Somewhere between 1988 and 1991. By the time "Achtung Baby" was released, I was well and truly hooked.

Why are you a U2 fan?
First and foremost is the music. Then as I aged and looked outside my own cocoon I realised there was a lot more to these fellas than just great music. Most other bands don't hold my interest outside the music the way U2 do.

What is your favorite U2 moment?
Easily ZooTV '93. I had never been so excited about going to a concert as I was for that. Someone somewhere made a mistake with the section our seats were in and the whole block was ushered down to our own fenced off area at the front of the stage. The view was completely blocked from where we would have been and I was so grateful that it had been noticed and more than rectified! We had learned Adam was indeed 'fit' enough to play and it was one more excruciatingly exciting high after another until finally they came out and absolutely blew me away. We caught Zoo Dollars, I got the cup Bono was drinking from that night and also Edge's and Bono's attention thanks to a screaming friend I was with who has a voice that could guide ships in the foggy night. And of course I have a now worn VHS to remind me whenever I feel nostalgic. An incredible night.

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?
Looking back I think it's hard to say what I am more aware of thanks to the band and fellow fans, but I definately have more awareness of certain things which are linked back to U2. Music in itself has always been a form of therapy for me, to either calm or uplift and with the familiarity of U2 it has become a constant. Like a comfortable old pair of slippers.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?
I used to think how awesome it would be to tour with them. I'd even have done their laundry.

What is your favorite U2 song, album and video?
Song is probably "Running To Stand Still," album is Achtung Baby, video is "All I Want Is You."

I would like to think that if it wasn't for Anna that this whole place would implode
and even if that's not true I do know that Interference wouldn't be the same without her
not so much because of the admin duties she takes care off but because of her pressence as a forum member
certainly the funniest person and probably one of the most caring over here

:heart:

:love: miss angie o' starlem, the first words i can remember you ever saying to me were compliments. you truly are one of the kindest people i have ever met.

those mornings we spend in our tiny little coffee group of three ( hi jeff. :angry: ) are always the best days. i consider myself lucky to know you, miss angie.

I don't know how to say thank you without sounding like a dork, but well...thank you everyone! You guys are all so cool, its awesome!
:D
:heart:

:)

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?
I used to think how awesome it would be to tour with them. I'd even have done their laundry

We caught Zoo Dollars

:wave: Hi Angela,
I have to laugh with the firs tpart of this post. Not cause it is silly, but because I know someone who did do U2's laundry. She is friends with one of thier managers.

As for the Zoo Dollars. I have one of them. They tossed them out when they did the outside tour for Acthung Baby. Right after Desire. I could tell you stories of the shows I been to.

Back
Top Bottom