Fan Profile: KhanadaRhodes*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/hkanavatar.jpg[/SIMG]
By Devlin Smith

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

This installment features All I Want Is U2, MP3s/Music on the Internet and Everything You Know Is Wrong moderator KhanadaRhodes.

Your real name and screen name?

Katie/KhanadaRhodes

What's the story behind your screen name?

I was registering at duranduran.com's message board, and I was trying to think of a new name. I wanted to base it on a song of theirs, one that was feminine. I eventually decided on the name "Khanada,? after their song. Of course this was already taken, so I simply tacked on a "Rhodes" at the end, after my favorite current band member, Nick Rhodes.

Why did you join Interference?

I'd been going to Interference for a long time, and then one time I happened to stumble across the forums. I thought to myself, "Gee, I didn't know there were forums here!" and signed up to join.

When did you join Interference?

June 5, 2001

How many hours a day or week do you spend on Interference?

Probably three to four hours a day.

khan.jpg

What are some of your favorite Interference haunts?

Everything You Know Is Wrong, Bang And Clatter, and my favorite, It's Official.

Why did you want to become a moderator?

I'm not sure really. I just sorta fell into it, I was invited by the
Administrator team. But I felt I'd have something to bring to the table, so I accepted.

What's your favorite thing about being a moderator?

Closing threads. No, seriously, it's a cross between helping out the new members, and the friendships I've formed with the other moderators.

What is your earliest memory of U2?

Well, there's the memory my mom tells me all about, when I was like one year old and she had to drop my babysitter off at a church because they were meeting to go to a U2 concert. Then there's my earliest memory. This is around 87/88, my aunt and I driving around and she was telling me about the two hottest guys in the world, Bono and Michael Hutchence. She told me Bono was the lead singer for U2 and Michael was the lead singer for INXS. But Bono was married so she drooled over Michael more.

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan?

Oh, probably around 1991 really, when I asked for "Achtung Baby." I only really listened to the first side though because I didn't recognize the other songs, but even then I didn't like "One!"

Why are you a U2 fan?

Because I think they make music no one out there is making. "Achtung Baby" and "Zooropa" really did it for me. I remember going to see "Batman Forever" because it had ?Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me? in the movie. Boy was I disappointed when it was during the ending credits!

What is your favorite U2 moment?

Seeing them in concert, finally, during Pop Mart. I had nosebleed seats, but it was still fun. With that giant screen, it made it feel like I was a lot closer.

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band
and its music, or is there a tough time that U2 helped you get through?

I do feel U2 has brought me closer to Christianity, because of their music.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy?

Yeah, meeting them one day.

What is your favorite U2 song, album and video?

Song: "Even Better Than The Real Thing," "Seconds" or "Discotheque."
Album: "Achtung Baby"
Video: "Lemon" or "Even Better Than The Real Thing"

aw yay :) I saw a pink panther advert/calendar the other day. It was done with the same artwork as your avatar. It reminded me of you :)

Back
Top Bottom