Introspect : Grace Finds Beauty in Everything *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/news/cdg_b_179thumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Debbie Kreuser

cdg_b_179.jpg

In my previous essays, I touched on the inevitability of change. No one person better illustrates this idea than Bono. Since the earliest days of U2, Bono has gone through many transformations, both on stage and off (from son to father, from Rock star to social activist, etc.).

These tremendous changes in most people's lives would have led them down paths of excess and confusion, possibly even cynicism. But for Bono, these changes seem to have had the opposite effect. The trials, tribulations, temptations and triumphs he has experienced have appeared to elevate him to a greater sense of purpose, and a closer walk with Grace (Grace finds beauty...).

As U2 fans and followers, we know of some of the challenges Bono has faced in his lifetime - the loss of his mother as a teenager, the loss of his father almost two years ago, his brief encounters with addictive drugs in the '80s and alcohol in the '90s, and the constant temptation of women - every shape and color, including some of the most beautiful women in the world.

The details of these challenges are not ours to know - they belong to those who were most directly affected. Neither is it helpful for any of us (especially for Bono and his family) for us to "drag the truth out into the light.?

What is important for us to learn from Bono's past is the transformative power of "beginning again" ( I will begin again....). In order to change his life - to "turn it into a prayer" - Bono had to open himself, deconstruct himself, so that God could fill in the empty spaces and sew up the "tears" in his heart.

In humbling himself, Bono found healing. By facing his challenges and the mistakes he may have made, Bono transformed himself and gives us a powerful example of how humility can heal the Human Spirit through Grace.

Bono has given us many gifts: his music, his determination, his integrity, his compassion. But maybe his greatest gift to us has been his example. He has shown us that it is through facing our difficulties, our temptations, our weaknesses that we can find our truest meaning and our highest purpose in life.

Thank you, Bono, for your life, your honesty, and your example. Thank you for showing us the way Home.

awesome awesome piece!! i loved it
but i think the best part is that every word is true 100% and that means a lot.
thank you!

We think alike-well written and to the point! I myself am going through some very hard situations and only with the grace of God am I able to walk through these changes in my life. If there is such a thing as a "soulmate" then I have found mine in Bono...

Like someone have said...I've found my soulmate into Bono!!!
Your essay is excellent...I wouldn't have done better!:wink:

The guy is such a REALLY GOOD example for all of us...and it's true that the best thing that he gave us apart his music, lyrics,etc...it's his example!!! He've shown us the way to a better world, he've gave us the key to ourselves, gave us hope in dark moment...in the end it's all about his example, he rely people to himself, he carry on without forgetting someone...he touches everyone...deeply!!!

I guess it's why I'm a BONOLOVER!!!

***Bono didn't use drugs, maybe he've tried it, we don't know for sure...drugs affect him, beacause there was a lot of heroins in Ireland back then...it's why he wrote that beautiful song:Running to stand still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JT

Back
Top Bottom