Achtung Carrie! : Issue #1 ? Staring at the Summer *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/achtungcarrie/achtungcarriethumb.jpg[/SIMG]
By Carrie Alison ? Chief Editor

achtungcarrie.jpg

Well hello, U2 land! How the heck are you? Welcome to my column ? Achtung Carrie! - which will serve as your way to write to me about anything ? U2, music, movies, the weather, your shoes, anything! I?m full of words and want to be heard! Email me, and I?ll post your letters and my replies right here!

Let?s see? what to talk about? Interference is of course, buzzing about the new U2 album. I swear, when Danny Lanois let the cat out of the bag about Chris Thomas producing, the crowd went wild. Chris was a random choice ? but I?m all for newness. I?m all for a new beginning for my favorite Irish lads. Aren?t you? There have been detractors, and mucho discussion about if U2?s top 40 days are over. Not that my .02 is the most polished around, but with the musical landscape the way it is right now, who?s to say if U2 will have another ?Beautiful Day? sized hit, or if the new single will just barely come up for air on MTV. Will the band have to do another TRL appearance and chum it up with Carson Daly? Will they take it back to the Today show and hang out with Matt Lauer? It?s an open ball game right now before the field has even been mowed. I have patience and faith in U2, and I hope you do too.

In the mood for a good scandal? The proposed Jennifer Lopez and Bono duet caused a derriere-sized ruckus in the U2 community wondering if Bono has gone pop. It?s fair to say that fans are slightly miffed at the prospect of these two working together - they?re confused, bewildered and apprehensive. Could it hurt Bono?s musical credibility by the time the new U2 album rolls onto the charts ? or will it barely register like his duet with ex-Fugee Wyclef Jean? News reports suggest the duet will benefit and as-yet-unnamed charity, and quite possibly might not even see the light of day. Keep your eyes and ears out for this one. And pray that Ja Rule isn?t grunting in the background.

When U2 doesn?t have a new album to promote, what do U2 fans listen to? Well, this is a varied answer. Radiohead?s new album, Hail to the Thief is a hot topic, as is the new White Stripes? effort, Elephant. This is not to say that the whole of the online U2 community agrees on and/or loves both bands ? but they are certainly popular and elicit opinions any way you slice it! Pearl Jam and Coldplay are hot concert tickets, and American Idol and The Matrix Reloaded are must-see on any screen. Recently, Bono was in New York City at the Tribeca Film Festival for the grand premiere of Down With Love, starring Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger. Perhaps that is Bono?s summer in the air-conditioning fun flick pick!

I don?t know about you, but these quickly approaching dog days of summer make me want to sit next to the pool, margarita in hand, with good tunes on my boombox. U2 fits so well into summer, and I just can?t get enough of ?The Ground Beneath Her Feet,? ?Kite,? ?Staring At The Sun,? ?Lemon,? and ?With or Without You (live from Rattle And Hum).? In addition to U2 on my summer playlist, I quite fancy the Red Hot Chili Peppers? classic Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Coldplay?s newest, some old Leonard Cohen, and some soothing Portishead as the sun goes down.

Looking at the news today, that new $20 bill sure is interesting! Speaking of money, I better get back to work before I don?t have any to spend! Remember to email me, and I will be back every Wednesday to talk the talk with you!

Remember, be nice to each other, take your vitamins and get lots of sleep! I?ll talk to you next week!

~Carrie
carrie@interference.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom