Why won't the darn thing pop up anymore??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Vedder

Refugee
You know when you have a Private message... a 'lil window will pop up telling you have a new Private Message... NOW IT WON'T POP UP!! :mad: Why?

I never know when I have a new PM or not! And I forrget to look down there where it says if I have any new PM! BLAH! STUPID THING!

:uhoh:

It doesnt always work for some reason.. happens to me too. I've been trying to get Elvis to move the "Private Messages" section from the bottom of the forum to the top, because it least that says if you have a new message no matter what. And it will catch the users attention if its at the top of the page rather than the bottom.

Elvis? ;)

Yeah, I always have to look on my CP for those, or keep checking my e-mail because I get e-mail notifications...

If you get a new PM, don't check it, and get another new PM, the PM Popup will NOT popup.

It basically assumes that you've been notified once, since you had no new PMs, and it's not going to nag you after that.

Changing how PMs notify you are on my list of things to improve/change.

Elvis said:
If you get a new PM, don't check it, and get another new PM, the PM Popup will NOT popup.

It basically assumes that you've been notified once, since you had no new PMs, and it's not going to nag you after that.

Hmm.. that's not true actually.. I've been notified each time I get a pm even if I dont check it the first time.

hehe, that's funny as i just got a pm and i did get the pop-up. it almost always works for me so i guess i'm lucky.

it's funny too because if it notifies me once and i don't check it right away, it keeps popping up and bugging me, even if i've already checked it! (i've found refreshing the main forum page to show my pm section has been read makes it go away.) so for me, that problem isn't a big deal or anything.

I think if you click something before the page fully loads, you lose the popup. If you look at the little bar down below, the page is still actually loading even after you can see it and type and click.

The PM popup notify seems to be the very last thing to pop up, so if you happen to click a link before it happens, you lose it, and next time it assumes you've been notified, so no popup. Betcha that's it :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom