When a thread gets moved wouldn't it be helpful to know where it was moved to??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
I don't understand this. Threads are often moved to other topics by the moderators. However, as far as I can tell, we never get any indication letting us know where it was moved to. I can't find them. Any suggestions?

First of all, THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM, GENIUS.

Second, they still appear in the forum as "Moved: Whatever the topic of the thread was," so you can still find them. On EYKIW, there's "Moved: Which band would you prefer to support U2," for instance.

Then when you click on the thread, you get a little trail of breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Continuing the example, "U2 Feedback » Your Blue Room » U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 » General Tour Discussions » Which band would you prefer to support U2." So it's really obvious.

Yes, indeed. You do have a marvelous grasp of the obvious. Thank you for your kind words.

Poor Knuckle! They don't really bite. They're quite nice when you get to know them - honest!

Maybe this is why I was a lurker for so long. . .no wait, it was because I was stuck on Zootopia (first version).

Unfortunately the only way to find your post by searching for it, is to be a paid member, and for $12, do I even get a useless key chain?

There is a trail, as mentioned by typhoon, for moved threads. If the thread is merged with another one, it can be difficult to find. Sometimes the word "merged" is at the start and sometimes its not. Sometimes the thread title contains the title you are looking for sometimes it doesnt.

The best solution I have found is to google this site. Type "interference" and the username of someone who has posted in the thread eg you, and some of the words from anywhere in the thread and google it.

Last edited:
Yes, as someone said above... If a thread is Moved, simply click on the thread name still exisiting in its original place and it will automatically forward you to its new location.

typhoon said:
First of all, THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM, GENIUS.

Second, they still appear in the forum as "Moved: Whatever the topic of the thread was," so you can still find them. On EYKIW, there's "Moved: Which band would you prefer to support U2," for instance.

Then when you click on the thread, you get a little trail of breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Continuing the example, "U2 Feedback » Your Blue Room » U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 » General Tour Discussions » Which band would you prefer to support U2." So it's really obvious.

While you are exactly correct, try to be nice k? :wink:

Moving this to the right forum...

sallycinnamon78 said:
Poor Knuckle! They don't really bite. They're quite nice when you get to know them - honest!

Actually some of them do bite! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom