what is "pixel.quantserve.com"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
whenever i'm on my laptop (which runs slower than our normal computer, on which i do not have this problem) and i go onto interference, it can sometimes take a good 20-30 seconds before i can click any link, even though the page has fully loaded. i use google chrome, and in the bottom right hand corner (while the blue half-circle swirls around on the tab) it says i think "waiting for pixel.quantserve.com".

it's very annoying.

It's probably one of the ads as Khan said. I'll pass the info along, maybe they can remove it.

It's not an ad, it's a statistic program called Quantcast which populates our Quantcast profile located here:
interference.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

It's uncommon for this to hang pages. Is this a recent occurrence or has it been happening for some time? Have you cleared the cache and rebooted to see if that resolves the issue?

If the above does not work, I believe Chrome has some extensions to block 3rd party stat programs like that (part of an ad blocker). If your computer is slowing down because of these, an ad blocker would probably speed up your surfing experience on lots of sites and be worth exploring.

Back
Top Bottom