trying to reply but hitting post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one says Post and one says Reply. I think its pretty straight forward.

Are you having spelling problems again :wink:

quick reply doesn't always work, sometimes you want to put in some kind of formatting, and unless you have memorized all the code, which i sure havent...

i think the confusion is because the buttons say "reply" & "post". well you are "posting" when you reply. maybe if the button said "new thread" instead of "post" , or something like that. :shrug:

the rockin edge said:

i think the confusion is because the buttons say "reply" & "post". well you are "posting" when you reply. maybe if the button said "new thread" instead of "post" , or something like that. :shrug:

I found it confusing when I was new here too. I got used to it of course, but it would be nice if it was made more clear.

Mmm.. It's been how it is for years, and I've never seen that many people confused about it, or for long if they were. Is this something that really needs to be changed?

maybe take away the post button within a thread so that if you want to post a new thread, you have to do it from the forum screen.

do people really use the post button while reading a thread anyway?

I have never used the reply button, always the quick reply box. Thats my two cents anyways

Chizip said:
maybe take away the post button within a thread so that if you want to post a new thread, you have to do it from the forum screen.

I agree.

When I first started I was confused, but I only made the mistake once or twice. However, it's not very intuitive that a "Post" button within a thread has nothing to do with that thread.

With 'Reply', Quick Reply, and Quote ... does anyone feel that replying to threads is confusing?

i've hit the post button maybe once or twice on accident. it doesnt confuse me.

Chizip said:

nope, that's what is confusing. You don't expect a "post new thread"-button in a thread.

That's what I was trying to tell Elvis but he thinks otherwise.

I suggested to change the name of the button to 'new thread' instead of 'post' but he thinks that would be even more confusing as most users / new users wouldnt know what a 'thread' was.

:eyebrow:

Sicy said:
That's what I was trying to tell Elvis but he thinks otherwise.

I suggested to change the name of the button to 'new thread' instead of 'post' but he thinks that would be even more confusing as most users / new users wouldnt know what a 'thread' was.

:eyebrow:

I can't see how a "new thread" button and a "reply" button could be more confusing than the current "post" and "reply" buttons as I think of post and reply as synonymous.

like i said before, it could be easiest just to get rid of the post button altogether

But then people will have to go searching for the post button.

Anyway, I've been informed that this feature is not changing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom