Trouble with the forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
I've been having trouble for several days now accessing the forum. Half the time, I get timeout error messages, and have to refresh. After a while, it gets quite frustrating. It happens on both computers. I even cleared out the Temp Files folder. And many times the smilies & avatars don't appear. I read in another part of the forum that someone else was having similar issues (Network timeout error messages). Anyone else having trouble, and is there a possible resolution? Hate to have it be like this with the tour starting next week!

Thanks!

:help:

Here's what I keep getting. I'm not having trouble with any other site.

Network Timeout

The server at u2.interference.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Weird, I'm not having any trouble. :der:

I'll shoot off an email though and ask.

WTF? I had a different message here...

All other sites are working for me. I'm on Internet Explorer. And thanks Sicy.

My error messages are generally:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

It takes forever getting around the forum right now :sigh:

Just heard from a couple others that they are also having problems. Hopefully they can get this straightened out.

I still had problems this morning on my home computer but so far not here on my computer at work. Hmm.

They did do a server adjustment or something to that effect last night so maybe its better now?

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but whenever I'm on Interference(using IE) the status bar says done, but with errors on the page. Though I can do whatever I like on the forums, the only thing I noticed is that I have to hit "mark as read" twice before it actually does that.

It took 18 seconds for this page to load from the User Control panel. But it loaded :shrug:

On posts from yesterday, where it says 'yesterday' and the time, the little box to the left of 'yesterday' looks like a white outline on blue. I can't remember if that's what it's supposed to look like or not. Actually the ones from earlier today look the same except for GG's. There's a little yellowy-orange thing there.

And earlier today, some avatars were not appearing for me (and some other images). That was a problem the last few days too.

I'm back at home and back to the same problems. No problems whatsoever on my work computer; so bad on my home computer that it's almost too much trouble to post.

This is telling.

Any clue anybody? Why suddenly my computer decided to have a problem with only this site?

I have two computers having the same problem. But of course they are sharing the same internet connection, so I guess that explains that... (and no, not wifi).

:shrug:

Andy has submitted a ticket to the servers admin to see if we can find out what's going on.

I am having no problems whatsoever, at work and at home so I really have no clue.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, go to that link, type in the address of the current page of the forum I'm trying to access (which times out), and... how do I get the results to you? It's on the 13th hop (and onwards) where it times out.

this is the last page I tried accessing that timed out:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f200/

Hop 12 starts off with: CO-LOCATION.car1.Washington1.level3.net [63.210. and then the screen cuts off and I can't see the rest of the IP address]

I guess I could try. I can't seem to figure out how to copy the data when it appears in the black & white-type DOS screen. Perhaps a screenshot, but it still may cut-out part of the IP addresses, as I can't get a full screen :hmm:

Did any of the information I provided help? It's taken me about 4-5 tries to get this thread to open...

My guess is that Lila is just a pain in the butt and the blue crack does not like her.
:hmm:Yeah, that's probably the issue here.

Can you just copy and paste the data into this thread or do a screen shot?

I can't get the whole thing on the screen - this is the best I can do. It times out on Hop 13 all the way to 30.

if you need me to upload it to Photobucket, I can

Attachments

• screen shot for u2forum.jpg
    screen shot for u2forum.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 51
I also notice when trying to view in iSpy, it may update right away, but then it stops. I had refreshed around 2:11, and just now came back to see the latest post, and it still showed the latest post from around that time, which was 40 minutes ago.

I'm sure it is. Just wanted to make sure any information I provided could help lead to the solution. More info the better, no? :tongue:

I'm sure it is. Just wanted to make sure any information I provided could help lead to the solution. More info the better, no? :tongue:

Yes - more info is definitely better. Who is your internet provider?

Back
Top Bottom