Trouble with the forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like it's not downloading the CSS file which has all the style definitions. This is being served through a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to make it faster for our members who are dispersed all over the world. Sometimes the CDN has to refresh and pull the file from our server. If you get that white page, press F5 on your browser.

Since you are in New Zealand this CDN should increase the speed of Interference for you since it will pull files from a local server instead of waiting for the files to arrive from the USA. Unfortunately every so often they have to sync up and that's probably what's causing this issue.

If after pressing F5 once or twice it still does not work, please report back here.

like i said, it's back to normal now, but while it was doing it refreshing and force refreshing weren't changing anything.

Problem keeps happening by the way. Got an entirely white interference earlier today, but after I refreshed that was away. Now only the buttons not working and the occasional avatar(my own) being a red x.

I changed some configurations so this should not happen again. Each page load will be a tad bit bigger but it's the lesser of two evils considering people have been having issues.

For those of you who know about websites, the cascading style sheet was being served from a file through our content delivery network (CDN). Sometimes the browser was not getting this file so it did not know how to style the page. Instead of serving the CSS through a file I have included it inline on every page. It will add a few kb to each page load rather then being cached as a file but it's the only way to truely resolve this issue moving forward.

Please report back if you experience this after the time of this post.

I was just apart to post this ^

Apart from the fact that the forum is loading very slowly which I suppose is simply due to too much activity because of the tourstart, I'm unable to navigate through threads because the forum jump function/navigation panel isn't there.

having big problems getting onto the forums last few days. at times it'll work fine, but others it will sit loading forever before giving me an error message that the server where the page is located isn't responding. it's not just my computer, but every computer on my wireless network, mac and windows.

cache cleared and still doing it.

edit: may be dns problems.

yeah, i'm obvs having the same problems as een. it's just this and one other site but the other i think is its own problem. but yeah, it'll be down for me and not him so i highly doubt it's anything on your guys' end.

I'll tell them about the forum jump thing. Not sure about the other issues. I know Interf. has been having some server problems lately.

i've got a weird error. this came up in the quick reply box when i loaded a page:
screenshot20100808at457.png

it's the entire page inside the box, including the quick reply part where you can actually type the reply.

When I go to my profile, I see this:

General Information

Referrals: 1
What on earth is a referral? And why do I have one? Everyone else I checked has 0, so what is it? Did I do something wrong or so? :s

I believe it means that someone that joined the forum put you in the 'who referred you' box.

Ha , I know who I got on here. Thanks I was wondering the same with the referral information.

I know the site is having some trouble this morning. You may be experiencing some slow downs as part of a wider internet slowdown. They are aware of the issue and are working towards some resolution.

:wave: I'm trying to respond to a post someone left for me on my profile comments, but when I click "view conversation" I get this message.

bonocomet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

It's not happening with other posters on the page, only the last comment left there.

Thanks!

since this has turned into a general forum help thread...:D

i know dst was this past sunday in america, but the time didn't go back an hour for me. it's worked in the past for me, but not this year. i know i'm weird for still having my settings in cst rather than nzdt, but yeah.

is it just me or has this affected other americans?

i get

"
Sorry, we are currently performing scheduled maintenance. We should be back online shortly. "

and "The server is too busy at the moment"

ridiculously often.. anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom