The search function is not working.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Now I can't search for my old posts and relive the magic, and laugh at my own jokes again. COME ON!!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
This post brought to you by: David St. Hubbins "We might die, but we'll never go away."

AIM: JuanSwallow

I've noticed this too. It's starting to bug me, and as y'all know when me and Johnny suffer, you all suffer!

Still not working!!! You don't want SkeeK and I to get upset DO YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

------------------
This post brought to you by: Drug testing "What a waste of urine."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Now I can't search for my old posts and relive the magic, and laugh at my own jokes again. COME ON!!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I feel your pain (even though I only need to check page 2 to relive some of my finest moments - man I just get better and better
wink.gif
)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

FIX IT!
mad.gif

...uh please..
smile.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

It hasn't worked for months. I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

It was fixed for awhile....
The problem is that the forums are SO active and get so many posts that it creates issues as far as how much the search function has to go through. The more, the longer, the more likely that it will timeout.

To fix this, old forum posts need to be taken offline, which also means that older posts would not be available to search for.

Pros and cons to each...

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

Would it be possible to select which forums one wants to search in and specify a certain range in dates of the posts, so the search didn't have to be so extensive every time? i.e. just searching EYKW from July 1, 2001 to August 30, 2001 or limiting a search to just "Dream Out Loud"

Sorry, I didn't realize all the options you have using the regular search function - not just the search function you can initiate from a profile page. It still would be nice to have the option to be able to enter a specific date range for searches.

[This message has been edited by majxtc (edited 09-30-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom