The Bang and the Clatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
The Bang and Clatter is being completely swamped with chain threads of late.

Some of us prefer the forum to be about actually discussing music, making recommendations about music, etc.

Is there anything can be done about this?

:eyebrow:

Swamped in chain threads? Which ones, as I don't see that many there. Only the Now Playing, Album Played and Song Title threads. That's not that many, is it?
Though I always hope the Now Playing and Album Played threads generate a bit more discussion than they do nowadays.

There are a lot more discussion threads than chain threads. My only thing would be to get the band index back that was the greatest invention of mankind.

My only thing would be to get the band index back that was the greatest invention of mankind.

That was nice, wasn't it? :(

But...I do love that everyone can search now, AND I love that we can tag threads. With the demise of the band index, I try to keep up on tagging new threads in B&C, and I go back and do some old ones on occasion. When you click on Search, click on the link for Tag Search. Really, it's actually nicer than the band index because then you get to see the whole list of threads, instead of just having linked numbers after a band's name. With the tag search, it's easier to find a specific topic related to a band, like a particular album discussion.

For the record, I make it a point to not do things like tag the Radiohead survivor threads with the Radiohead tag. That way, if you want to just find some regular Radiohead threads, you won't have to wade through the survivor threads.

Now that I said that, I bet somebody will find an example that goes against what I just said. I get tag happy sometimes. :wink:

You guys can tag threads too when you start them. Just try to keep the tags simple and obvious though, something people would search for. A tag like "i love this band" really isn't very useful. And if I see one like that, I'll surely edit it anyway. :shifty:

Also remember that tags are specific...so you might have to search for The Beatles instead of just Beatles. In situations like that, I usually tag both versions so that it will come up either way. I try to make it simple.

Last edited:
When you click on Search, click on the link for Tag Search. Really, it's actually nicer than the band index because then you get to see the whole list of threads, instead of just having linked numbers after a band's name. With the tag search, it's easier to find a specific topic related to a band, like a particular album discussion.

You guys can tag threads too when you start them. Just try to keep the tags simple and obvious though, something people would search for. A tag like "i love this band" really isn't very useful. And if I see one like that, I'll surely edit it anyway. :shifty:

Also remember that tags are specific...so you might have to search for The Beatles instead of just Beatles. In situations like that, I usually tag both versions so that it will come up either way. I try to make it simple.

O
M
G

I never knew what the tags were for. Seriously. Now I do. Thanks! :love:

I had no idea we could actually tag things.

Every music thread I make from now on will have "Creed" in the tag, so as to keep BC on top of her game. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom