Suggestion as the new album arrives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
This isn't really to the mods but to basically to everybody that posts in the U2 forums, or all the forums in general. I'm sure the new album will bring an influx of newbies. I've been around here for awhile (even if my register date says otherwise :wink:) but I've never seen this place less tolerant towards people or newbies ever. Condescending tones- and i'm not singling anybody out or talking about any one particular person or a group of people I think we can all be guilty about it- towards newbies or anybody that is looking for an answer to even a dumb question are getting frustrating to watch.

I guess I'm just suggesting that we give all the (presumed) new newbies a break and try not to be pricks for once. I'm sure plenty will post in forums asking for a leak or something where it doesn't belong, and to a legit newbie, it can be pretty confusing about where to post. I guess I'm just sick of the attitude i see around here as a whole, I think we are pretty cynical. Not looking for some kumbya or something, but just to be nicer to people as the album approaches. Suggestion for everybody.

:up:

I completely agree. There a bunch of people here who are being pricks for no reason, and come on, these people have signed up because they're U2 fans, if they post something in the wrong spot, or make another thread, or whatever, kindly point them in the right direction, instead of making overly rude remarks, using :huh: and :| just because you've been here longer and understand it better.

I totally agree and I hope it can be like that! Great post.

So does mean we can count on you to help us out with the newbies?
I'm sure we'll need all the help we can get :wink:

I agree, Newbies should be welcome any time and there should be no rude comments from other members. BUT I would invite new members to take part in the discussion more actively, to introduce themselves properly and not just pop up once or twice when something is leaking or a link is given out. It should just be a little more "give and take", but that's just my two cents.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of new people around here with the arrival of the new album and a new tour.

I think that some people seem to forget they were once newbies too. Everybody has to start somewhere.

I agree, Newbies should be welcome any time and there should be no rude comments from other members. BUT I would invite new members to take part in the discussion more actively, to introduce themselves properly and not just pop up once or twice when something is leaking or a link is given out. It should just be a little more "give and take", but that's just my two cents.

I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of new people around here with the arrival of the new album and a new tour.

I think that's all most people ask :up:

This isn't really to the mods but to basically to everybody that posts in the U2 forums, or all the forums in general. I'm sure the new album will bring an influx of newbies. I've been around here for awhile (even if my register date says otherwise :wink:) but I've never seen this place less tolerant towards people or newbies ever. Condescending tones- and i'm not singling anybody out or talking about any one particular person or a group of people I think we can all be guilty about it- towards newbies or anybody that is looking for an answer to even a dumb question are getting frustrating to watch.

I guess I'm just suggesting that we give all the (presumed) new newbies a break and try not to be pricks for once. I'm sure plenty will post in forums asking for a leak or something where it doesn't belong, and to a legit newbie, it can be pretty confusing about where to post. I guess I'm just sick of the attitude i see around here as a whole, I think we are pretty cynical. Not looking for some kumbya or something, but just to be nicer to people as the album approaches. Suggestion for everybody.

Hmm - I totally DISAGREE -- Interference should be like Animal House, hazing and the overall concept of fraternity rush. You absolutely have to establlish your U2 cred in here before you can say anything that people will remotely respect. Come on, this is the Internet and U2 fans should have all been here in 1998 if not sooner using AOL and that fun disc that arrived in the mail every six weeks. Get a grip. If I want to blast some poor newbie with 8 posts to my whopping 475 posts I have the right to since I have gone through "hell week", been to 18 concerts since 1983 and actually spent money on a CD single just for the B-side more than once, even though I was broke.

"Newbie, your fraternal name is 'MullenFromOntarioCanadaBornIn1991" and you can not have an opinion on the chord structure of "October" versus "Red Light" since you were not even an IDEA when these songs came out on vinyl which you have never experienced!

Back
Top Bottom