strange goings on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluberryPoptart

War Child
About half the time I try to post or click on something, I get a message that says 'no thread specified' :huh: If I go back and click again it usually works. Weirder still is that sometimes when I click on a forum or a thread, it will take me to this thing called 'perfect navigator' where it puts the link to the forum or thread in a search box and tells me it doesn't exist but I can search the web for it! So I click search and it does the same thing. Then it tells me the page cannot be displayed. The only way to get out of the rut is to type the interference addy in the window again and start all over. What's up with that??

Woah.. that is super weird!

Do you use aol to browse? Try using Internet Explorer as your browser. Clear your cookies and temp files, restart, see if that works.

BluberryPoptart said:
About half the time I try to post or click on something, I get a message that says 'no thread specified' :huh:

I've had that too. I just refresh or go back and try again. I use FireFox and IE6 and I'm not sure if it happened on one or both, but not frequently enough to be a huge annoyance. :shrug:

It sounds like you have some spyware/adware installed!

You should download ad-aware for free (search google for it), install it, and run it on your entire computer.

wierd.

i had some wierd thing happening where in journals my comment would double post, sometimes up to quadrouple post.

it's stopped, but if it happens again....just so you know.

A great program is Ad-Aware by Lavasoft: http://www.lavasoft.de

It recognises most of the spyware and removes it easily (although you may have to run the program more than once to fully get rid of everything).

C ya!

Marty

P.S. The regular Ad-Aware is free, for the others you have to pay.

i actually found the Dell support forums very helpful to remove my spyware...if you have a Dell, that is. they had a separate program that deletes spyware. you run it on your system, and they tell you what to delete.

i'd tried using ad-aware but it didn't get everything. i'm not sure if it's just cuz i downloaded the free version or what...i've also heard that some of those spy-removal programs like ad aware and some of the others can actually contain their own spyware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom