Sponsor a Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Okay I was reading bear's thread about his little buddy system thing, and it reminded me that some boards have a "sponsor a newbie" thing.

It would help with making new people feel more welcome, and also curb common newbie mistakes (posting in the wrong forum, posting a new topic when they mean to reply, talking to deathbear ;) )

That's a great idea, but who would donate money for ppl they don't know at all? And furtermore some newbies just start posting and leave Interference....wasted money....newbies who know Interferencers get sponsored by friends anyway. :)

If it was that what you meant...

I don't think she means you'd have to actually buy them a premium membership.

Then again...I've been wrong before...:der:

peeps do that over at the SA forums, it seems to go over well. they do it for the same reasons that you were suggesting: preventing posting in the wrong forum, teaching them to hit REPLY and not POST, etc.

Um, can you explain how this works?
Do you like pick a newbie and follow them around the forum or what? :der:

:lmao:

No...It's not a stalking thing...

Basically have a sticky thread in Babyface cafe with basic rules and common mistakes. Then a list of volunteer sponsors with their emails so if they have the "I wonder if starting a thread about Bono's hair in PLEBA would be a good idea" questions they can email a sponsor and learn that something like that wouldn't be a good idea.

It's just basically to help the newbies from doing something that is avoidable.

Does that make any sense?

daisybean said:
Then a list of volunteer sponsors with their emails so if they have the "I wonder if starting a thread about Bono's hair in PLEBA would be a good idea" questions they can email a sponsor and learn that something like that wouldn't be a good idea.
:rolleyes:

Anyway, I really like that idea. :)

:laugh: I saw your avatar outta the corner of my eye when I read your post and I thought you were mad because you and BC had this idea first :laugh: :der:

anyway, yeah..I think at the very least we should have a list of general rules (no pop threads, no creed threads, no starting a spinoff of a closed thread, etc...) somewhere.

daisybean said:
anyway, yeah..I think at the very least we should have a list of general rules (no pop threads, no creed threads, no starting a spinoff of a closed thread, etc...) somewhere.
:hmm: perhaps i should start some unofficial interference faq.

okay, i did it. i created a little unofficial faq over at my geocities site. if anyone wants me to add anything, feel free to let me know. you can pm me, or you can e-mail me. the address is on the site. :D

Holy crap.. I will have to read that tomorrow when I'm awake but wow! :up:

Back
Top Bottom