something has to be done about lemonade stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok then

if that's how we want to go about things, that's fine too. seriously.

then i'll go about making my threads as i always have, and will make certain to pay no attention to anyone who complains about "not getting it".

is that fair?

People just need to have some respect and common sense.

Dont start multiple threads in one night.

Dont start a new game thread since there are already like 7,000. Same goes with chat threads.

Other than that, have fun.. that's what LS is for, I guess.

Sicy said:
People just need to have some respect and common sense.

Dont start multiple threads in one night.

Dont start a new game thread since there are already like 7,000. Same goes with chat threads.

Other than that, have fun.. that's what LS is for, I guess.

Thank you Chizip! I hadn't ventured into this part of the forum. Very insightful.

I am upset by the lack of tolerance on the authority's part. It is such a simple solution to move chat and game threads to their own forum. It isn't like these people are going to venture much out of the thread so where it is kept I don't see being as important as the negatives it brings by sitting in LS. I can't see the negative in moving it.

I also see prosperity if there was a chat/game forum, because I think others who aren't part of these cliques might feel comfrtable to start their own threads! I myself have been shut down countless times because I chat with Aardie and firends in threads. But where am I to go? Sicy says I should exchange emails, but we have! And in any case why doesn't the same rule apply to Random and Octagon dwellers? someone should open a a mirc channel. With any luck they might find it more interesting then contributing quality posts to Interference. I know for one I feel Khanada's lack of punctuation shows an equal measure of a lack of professionalism. But in a mirc environment this could be better accepted.

Khanada, I don't want to offend you but perhaps you should take into the account that not opening threads you don't like isn't the answer? The problem I think for all anti-chat and game threaders is that your innane talking between the cliques drowns the real quality in Lemonade Stand.

However I am sure despite my objection being civil and well balanced, you will continue your finger in your ears attitude you took to Zoomerang.

If at the end of the day our well explained claims are rejected in favour of the clique's influence here, I request being allowed to open an anti-chat chat thread. It is only fair.

Palace_Hero said:
It is such a simple solution to move chat and game threads to their own forum. It isn't like these people are going to venture much out of the thread so where it is kept I don't see being as important as the negatives it brings by sitting in LS. I can't see the negative in moving it.

It is not as simple as you think it is. If anything it will be more work and headaches for the mods because how do you draw the line on what is a chat thread exactly? Half the threads on this forum some way or another turn into chatting back and forth.

Plus, for the love of god, we have enough forums already.

Sicy said:
Plus, for the love of god, we have enough forums already.

*Puts on best pantomine voice*

Ohhhhh, nooooo, weeeeee dooooonn't.

We don't have a cooking forum nor a weather forum. Oh, what about a Bonos Butt forum? Surely theres enough threads to warrant it's own shrine. :happy:

Did you know that all the continents start and end with the same letter?

Just thought I would try and post something enlightening before this thread gets the chop.

KhanadaRhodes said:

what about oceania? :wink:

Thats not a continent, its a region.

I thought of a new game.

Name A Continent

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

okay. Im done. Sorry Palace. I'm outta here. :wave:

beli said:

Thats not a continent, its a region.

I thought of a new game.

Name A Continent

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

Europe

okay. Im done. Sorry Palace. I'm outta here. :wave:

I bet we could get that thread to 500 posts easy! :yes:

There are days where that type of game is about my speed.... :huh:

And, yes, that is embarassing to admit. :rolleyes:

whats sad is there are a lot of people that would actually like to play that game

OK...I just read the describe yourself thread (hell, I had to read it to see if anyone is really saying something about drooling ove airplanes), and it is a chat thread. there's all of two people, chatting with each other (can you say AOL, MSN or Yahoo?). I remember when the describe thread became a SELF-DESCRIBE thread (I saw Fizz post a journal entry today...good to see her back). This is what truly bugs me...if they are just chatting, why don't we bring back the chat function? Maybe that would do away with the chat threads!

Wasn't ABEL who would hug everyone as the came on?

Chatrooms dont always work. If the people chatting are on the same time zone, then okay. But if people are wanting to communicate with people from all over the (developed) world then chatrooms are not going to be of any use.

eg when I wake up, the people in the USA are heading for bed/leaving work. When I'm about to go to bed, the Europeans are waking up. Chat threads are an excellent method of communication between a a group of international people.

Besides, the point of forums is to chat. Apart from the poetry forum, every post on this site is an attempt at communicating.

zonelistener said:
OK...I just read the describe yourself thread (hell, I had to read it to see if anyone is really saying something about drooling ove airplanes), and it is a chat thread.

Myself and the people I'd consider my good friends on here are always in that thread, and you're absolutely right. It is a chat thread. A chat thread with a format of sorts, but a chat thread nonetheless. I don't think anyone is pretending it's not. Hell, half the time I don't even follow the format.

I'm still in favor of seperating the chats/games from the normal LS fare.

And the airplane thing was from the previous thread, fyi.

beli said:
Chatrooms dont always work. If the people chatting are on the same time zone, then okay. But if people are wanting to communicate with people from all over the (developed) world then chatrooms are not going to be of any use.

eg when I wake up, the people in the USA are heading for bed/leaving work. When I'm about to go to bed, the Europeans are waking up. Chat threads are an excellent method of communication between a a group of international people.

Besides, the point of forums is to chat. Apart from the poetry forum, every post on this site is an attempt at communicating.

OK.....so you go back and read through 100 posts of people saying things like "I am really tired tonight" - and all of the smilie posts and other insignificant items? Is this what people are looking forward too when they wake up all fresh in the morning...to see that all their iFriends posted "goodnight Johnboy" in a thread?

I threads are a good way to communicate things about each other (news, etc.) for an international group...but for the most part...that is NOT what is being posted. I think a chat area would MORE than be sufficent for what is becoming a new 500 count thread either DAILY or every two days.

AND...IMP13...thanks for the airplane info :up:

zonelistener said:

OK.....so you go back and read through 100 posts of people saying things like "I am really tired tonight" - and all of the smilie posts and other insignificant items? Is this what people are looking forward too when they wake up all fresh in the morning...to see that all their iFriends posted "goodnight Johnboy" in a thread?

I threads are a good way to communicate things about each other (news, etc.) for an international group...but for the most part...that is NOT what is being posted. I think a chat area would MORE than be sufficent for what is becoming a new 500 count thread either DAILY or every two days.

AND...IMP13...thanks for the airplane info :up:

I don't disagree with you but you are placing value judgements on the posts. I don't see how "Im going to bed now" is any less valid than "ACDC - Long Way To The Top" or "green curry". It's all chatter.

Re: :shiftysmilie:

zonelistener said:
Whats wrong with putting a value on the posts?

I wanna be the person who decides what posts are more valid! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom