Sig Space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Does a signature have to take up so much space? Or is it not possible to set a limit of space without just defining the space regardless of how big the sig actually is? Am I making sense? Sometimes I put a quote or two in my sig but always end up taking it off right away b/c I hate all the blank space it takes up.

they used to not be a set amount but we had problems with people following the guidelines. several people complained that they were being singled out, so elvis made it a set amount of space so everyone had equal amounts to work with.

so now you can do whatever you want with your sig space, so long as you still follow the file limits for pictures (which i don't remember right now but it's in the faq)...

As an avid sig changer, it's no taller than 120-125 pixels before the bottom gets cut off. I never make them any bigger. They can be longer, like 300 or something wide.

But I know what LivLuv means, it would be cool if it could adjust to your sig size. But I do remember back when people had hugeass sigs and they wouldn't change them so I understand why they set it, and added the edit sig thing for mods.

Another way it can be too 'big' is in kb. I've been told to get rid of sigs, usually gifs, that were small looking but too many kb. (LivLuv I know you already know this just using the chance to post it in case someone else was wondering)

Last edited:
If you look at her post, I think she's annoyed that there is so much blank space where a sig could be. The space goes away with a longer post but if you post say just a smiley, you still have a tall post because of that empty space. Do I understand you right Lies?

^ Yeah, I mean I understand the need for limitations (I'd even be fine with the space being smaller), but is there a way to specify a limit without specifing an exact size?

I knew what LivLuv meant I was putting the other stuff because the question of size limits for sig pics came up.

Back
Top Bottom