Semi - Merged Threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
(long story)

I was subscribed to the polygamy thread but not the gay marriage thread. Some of the polygamy posts have been moved to the gay marriage thread (fair enough too), including some of my posts. Apparently Im now subsribed to the gay marriage thread too. This morning I received an email notification that there was a new post to the polygamy thread - except there wasnt, so I hit the refresh button over and over and I still couldnt find the new post. Thats because the new post was in the gay marriage thread.

Is there anyway that the 2 threads can have 2 separate subscriptions? That way I can choose not to visit the gay marriage thread if I dont want to (not particularly interested in it, or at least I wasnt interested in the pre semi-merged thread). Or if I want to maintain both subcriptions at least I would know which thread the post relates too. Ta.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Okay. I did that. (Never actually subscribed to it the first place, by the way).

But will this stop gay marriage posts arriving in my inbox as polygamy thread alerts?

Ta. I guess we will find out next time someone posts to the gay marriage thread.

Oh by the way, this isnt a big deal, Im just not good with things I dont understand.

Last edited:
It's cool.. I am the same way!!

I would try unsubscribing to both threads and re-subscribe to the thread you want to read, see if that works.

Ta. Thanks for your help. I have unsubscribed from both. I will wait until I get back from work before subscribing to the polygamy thread again. It 7:04am on Monday morning and Im already confused - I could be in for an interesting week :|

Back
Top Bottom