Search Target...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Is it possible to zero in on the precise posts, or at least the page of the thread, when we do a search... rather than having to search through gazillion pages of a thread, such as Randoomdumdomdm... :crack:

I know you can set the date, ie posts from the last month, and also choose if they are put in ascending or descending order - does that help?

uhhh, no... because you still have to search through all the pages.

the search just tells you which thread you're looking for.

if you search, you can have the results come up as posts, not threads. you can then see a preview of the post so you know if it's what you're looking for or not, so it won't take you to the first page, but to the individual post.

the important thing to remember if you do this though is to click on the post link and not the thread link.

ahhhh... i did not know that...

Thank you for pointing that out

One thing that I know from reading comments and such that many people have not done is reset the replies per page back to 40 replies a page like it used to be. When the new forum came up, it defaulted back to 15 replies per page. Hence threads like randoom become 25,000 pages rather than like 900 or whatever it is.
You might find it very handy to reset it to a larger amount per page. 40 is a good amount and works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom