Question about moved threads.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
Two threads were recently moved from Everything You Know is Wrong. The first, u2sangel's "In Remembrance of 9/11" was moved to the Lemonade Stand. The second, my thread ("9/11 Overload? Post here."), was movved to Free Your Mind.

Why? What's the difference.

A reminder:

Frre Your Mind: This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events.

Lemonade Stand: Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're listening to, reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby.

How does my thread qualify for FYM when every other 9/11 thread is in the Lemonade Stand? Considering my thread is concerned with the media reporting (and, I believe, over-reporting) the event, isn't there MORE of a reason to put it in the Lemonade Stand?

After all, it did discuss "what I'm watching."

Further, as I'm sure the mods all know, I have access to LS but have been kicked out of FYM. It matters to me, then, where this thread ends up.

(I HOPE that the decision to move it to FYM has nothing to do with the fact that I can no longer read it. I hope, but I have my doubts.)

I request that the thread be moved to the Lemonade Stand, or that - at least - the decision to move it to FYM be explained.

Bubba

Bubba,
Maybe it's because your thread initiated discussion about an aspect of 9/11 (ie media coverage) and was so suited to a forum for debates, whereas the other thread was simply for people to remember what happened on 9/11 and express their feelings about it, so perhaps less likely to result in a discussion/debate FYM style.

I don't know though...I've been known to be wrong before ;)

Maybe, but I don't think debates are (or should be) strictly limited to FYM: just political and religious debates.

Either way, I never intended the thread to start a debate; rather, I intended it as a place for people to vent if they just thought that TV, the web, etc. had simply gone too far. And I thought I made its intent blindingly clear.

Still, I'd like it moved to LS if at all possible - or at least know the rationale behind the move from the one who made the decision.

Bubba

Considering the circumstances I don't agree with moving the post to FYM. I mean, it's *your* post. OK, so it's a little more controversial than most LS topics. I still think it should be moved because it's your thread and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to post in it.
Just my purple tuppence's worth.:wave: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom