Purpose of this sub-forum? - Where the album has no name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewCowley

Refugee
Now that the new album has moved beyond a distant glimmer and firmly into reality, I can't help but wonder why do we have a Where The Album Has No Name sub-forum? Surely all this chat now belongs in the main Everything You Know Is Wrong forum? The fewer forums means the easier it is to keep on top of new posts etc...

Uh, this forum is relevant until a month or so after the album is released...and I think get changed to "Where The Album HAS A Name" if I rememeber correctly...:hmm:

I think if it were to move the ETYKIW it would be a mess...its good right here.

" where the album has no name " isnt meant to be taken literally.

Uh, this forum is relevant until a month or so after the album is released...and I think get changed to "Where The Album HAS A Name" if I rememeber correctly...:hmm:

I think if it were to move the ETYKIW it would be a mess...its good right here.

Correct on all counts. When we have official confirmation of the album title, I will change the forum name.

EYKIW is the general U2 discussion area. There are 20+ years of songs and albums/tours to be discussed.

Any new album discussions/releases definitely need its own sub-forum.

Now that the new album has moved beyond a distant glimmer and firmly into reality, I can't help but wonder why do we have a Where The Album Has No Name sub-forum? Surely all this chat now belongs in the main Everything You Know Is Wrong forum? The fewer forums means the easier it is to keep on top of new posts etc...

Surely its easier to keep on top of new album info with a section for new album info? If it all goes into ETYKIW, then the actual important bits of new information get lost amongst games, discussions about whether or not Miss Sarajevo should be played form now on, Petitions against Bono, and all other manner of chatter that has no link to the bare bones of the new album

In the coming weeks all 'general' U2 discussion is going to be about the new album. I just think that it should be absorbed into the general forum. Comparing to the other forums I read this kind of separation is weird. It's a bit comical... at what point will this forum be consolidated into the main? When the album has a name, on the release date, etc... No matter.

It's always been like this. You've been here for 6 years, you don't remember?
That sub-forum has always been for discussion of the new/current album.
Everything else goes in EYKIW. And that's a lot of everything else. Like I said, there's 20+ years of other music to be discussed. It's much better organized this way.

In the coming weeks all 'general' U2 discussion is going to be about the new album. I just think that it should be absorbed into the general forum. Comparing to the other forums I read this kind of separation is weird. It's a bit comical... at what point will this forum be consolidated into the main? When the album has a name, on the release date, etc... No matter.

That is grossly inaccurate to say that ALL general discussion will be about the new album! I have proof too, look at EYKIW. How many active discussions are there on things other than the new album. I don't even need to look, I can tell you there's ones on the remasters, future songs for tours, transitions between songs, theres heaps!

It makes no sense to get important information on the new album lost in amongst that stuff.

Yeah,when the new album comes out the forum always turns into Where The Album Has A Name and contains all the new album discussion for awhile. Especially with all the remasters coming out, there will be plenty of discussion for the main forum, and there are always new members and new fans coming along to add to the traffic in that forum. At this time we will be keeping the new album sub-forum.Thanks for the input/suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom