Principle Management, Dublin HQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth Mcmaster

Babyface
Dear all

My brother, a lifelong U2 fan is getting married at the end ofthis year in Dublin.

As the best man, he has asked me to invite U2 to the wedding and reception.

I understand that the best way to do this is to post invites to them at their Principle Management Headquarters in Dublin.

Is this is true, or if anyone else has a better suggestion, can you please advise me of this address.

We would be very grateful indeed.

Regards

Gareth

Well...I hate to burst your parade (as my friend would say), but I highly doubt U2 would go to the wedding of a fan. It might sound mean...but can you imagine if every U2 fan invited U2 to their wedding? Trust me...I'm engaged, and I've dreamed about U2 being at my wedding...but I'd never actually think it could be a reality.

If you do try though......good luck.

Actually, you might be quite surprised given that we both come from Dublin!

All I am looking for was an uptodate address - thanks for your help nonetheless.

Tips

Here are Answer Guy's guidelines:
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1995&Key=&Year=

I was wondering if you know where I could send wedding invitations to the boys if and when I get married? I will invite Paul M. because if it wasn't for him then I wouldn't be sending you this question. Also should I address them by their nick names, like Bono and The Edge or be more formal and address them by their first names Paul and Dave? Should I allow them to bring a guest? Also, if they do come should it be open bar?

Dear Jim:

I'd send the invitations c/o Principle Management.

When you invite the four band members, you are legally obligated to invite Paul M.

As for formality, take a cue from whomever is doing the addressing of your other invitations. A perfectly suitable invitation would be addressed to "Mr. The Edge" or "Mr. Edge Evans", but "Mr. David The Edge Evans" may be a bit much, even for the most formal of celebrations.

Before allowing them to bring guests, be sure to think about the permissibility of children. Edge's brood could disrupt any wedding, although if Larry brings his kids, you could probably settle the age-old question of what the heck his youngest's name is. They should all be allowed to bring their significant others. You'll want to stare into beautiful Ali's eyes as she explains the plight of the Chernobyl children. You won't be bored because you'll be mesmerized. Morleigh can provide entertainment that few weddings have seen. If Larry and Ann show up, you can get photographic proof of her existence. You'll want Adam to bring a date because if he arrives stag, you'll have to keep an eye on your blushing bride the entire night. I would put a cap on him of two supermodels maximum.

After speaking with them, I can tell you that they'll only show up if you have an open bar.

Good luck and what song are you using for your first dance?

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=2102&Key=&Year=

Thank you for answering my question about inviting the boys to my wedding. To answer your question about what song will I be dancing to, the answer is "All I want is you." I have played it for my future bride to be and she's ok with it. I do have another question. Do you have the address to where I should send the invites? Or should I use the one that is listed in the current cd booklet? Thanks again. Maybe I send you an invite as well.

Dear Jim:

Is she aware that "All I Want Is You" makes her into a conniving woman who wants gold, diamonds, treasure, her story untold, and god forbid, a highway with no one on it? And in return, Joe, you only want her? "All I Want Is You" is in AG's top three U2 songs, but I just hope you've reviewed the lyrics with your pre-nuptial attorney.

I would send the invites to the address listed in the CD booklet and of course AG should be invited. I'll wear my fanciest short pants.

Hope that helps! :wave:

Re: Tips

Well, Answer Guy is kinda tongue in cheek.

bonosloveslave said:

Dear Jim:

Is she aware that "All I Want Is You" makes her into a conniving woman who wants gold, diamonds, treasure, her story untold, and god forbid, a highway with no one on it? And in return, Joe, you only want her? "All I Want Is You" is in AG's top three U2 songs, but I just hope you've reviewed the lyrics with your pre-nuptial attorney.

I have a different interpretation of the song (but I'll save that for another thread ;))...that's still gonna be the wedding song for John and me. :)

Re: Re: Tips

Bonochick said:
Well, Answer Guy is kinda tongue in cheek.

I have a different interpretation of the song (but I'll save that for another thread ;))...that's still gonna be the wedding song for John and me. :)

Yeah, I don't really think about it that way either, we danced to it at our wedding - it's always been "our song".

Just got the address after two hours and a few calls.

Your profile says you?re an investment banker. Any offer? PM.

Back
Top Bottom