PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP FAQs - Most Common Questions & Answers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
PREMIUM MEMBER FAQs - Most common questions & answers answered

Premium Membership Details and sign up information can be found HERE

Do I have to pay for premium membership to be able to use the forums?
No. Reading and posting on interference is FREE. You must REGISTER first. To access many of our extra features, you may pay to become a premium member. Cost is $15.00 per year for Silver and $25 per year for Gold.

How long does it take to become a premium member after sending payment?
Once you pay by paypal, you should become a premium member immediately.
** If you paid by paypal and you still are not a premium member, please fwd your paypal receipt to sicy[at]interference.com **

Can I pay for premium membership for another member?
If you'd like to purchase premium membership for another member, please do not use the payment link as this will just upgrade your own account for another year. You must send a payment manually via your paypal account to paypal[at]socialknowledge.com and include the username of the member you wish to pay for. Then fwd the paypal receipt to Sicy at sicy[@]interference.com so that we can properly update the subscriptions.

Do I have to be a premium member to post pictures?
No. You may upload your pictures to the web using an online photo hosting site such as Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket or you can use your member gallery here at Interference. For information on how to post pictures, please read ATTENTION! How To Post Pictures .

How do I know when my premium membership is up?
You can go to the payment link here on the forum and it should tell you when your premium membership expires. Or you can go to your usercp, and on the left hand side under 'Miscellaneous' will be a link for 'Paid Subscriptions'. You can check the status of your subscription there. Or, you can search your HISTORY in Paypal to find the initial date that you paid for premium membership.

I changed my credit card or bank info in Paypal since I subscribed to premium membership.
You must re-subscribe with the new card/information once your premium runs out.

I want to register a new username but I dont want to pay again for premium membership. Can my premium membership be transferred from one username to another?
If absolutely necessary, yes. Send a pm or email to Sicy with the old username and the new username and we can transfer it for you.

I am no longer Premium, what happened?
Most likely your subscription has expired. Simply re-subscribe should you wish to continue Premium Membership.

Hopefully someone reads this! lol

Anyway I want to become a premium member, but I'm 16 and I have no idea what paypal is, but I think I can get a check or money order from the bank. Problem is, I'm in Australia, so how do I do it exactly? Do I pay only the $12? Or do I have to make it to the exchange rate?

You can also do a money order at the post office.

Um, Yes. You have to pay the exchange rate, with the way the Aussie dollar is , its going to be around if not less than $20

I'm pretty sure all you need to say is your going to make an international money order for $12 US Dollars. and Should be fairly easy after that.

Okay, so I just did that changing credit card thing on paypal and it said it cancelled my subscription to Interference. So do I have to wait until my Premium subscription runs out, which I assume will be in January 2008 to re-subscribe or can I do that earlier. And will I receive some sort of notification from Interference that my subscription has run out?

You can wait until it runs out to re-subscribe.
I dont believe users are notified by us when it runs out.

Sicy said:
You can wait until it runs out to re-subscribe.
I dont believe users are notified by us when it runs out.

When I resubscribe, I won't have to "start over" as an interference member though right? I won't have to get a new user name and have my post count start over and all that?

I just received the email... are you sayng i can't renew at $12 a year anymore? But its $18 now? I shouldn't have to pay extra because somebody forgot to remind everyone about renewing.

When do i need to renew before I lose my premium status?

So, I got the email from the administrators telling me I hadn't been actually subscribed though I was getting the bennies, and I'd like to re-up properly but there is no record apparently in PayPal of my subscription (I used to do the 2$/month option). So, do I need to just start a new subscription altogether?

Cheers!

jesseu2 said:
I just received the email... are you sayng i can't renew at $12 a year anymore? But its $18 now? I shouldn't have to pay extra because somebody forgot to remind everyone about renewing.

When do i need to renew before I lose my premium status?

The email is not an indicator that you are or are not subscribed... its an informational email.

Only current and active subscriptions will be valid for the $12/yr rate until they expire (ie. canceled, credit card expires, etc).

The rate increase is not dependent on the lapse in auditing. It's been planned for some time.

ShellBeThere said:
So, I got the email from the administrators telling me I hadn't been actually subscribed though I was getting the bennies, and I'd like to re-up properly but there is no record apparently in PayPal of my subscription (I used to do the 2$/month option). So, do I need to just start a new subscription altogether?

Cheers!

If you used PayPal previously, it should be in your history. If not, perhaps you used a different paypal account?

Either way, you can re-subscribe by going to http://interference.com/subscriptions

Chrisedge said:
I haven't had a sub for sometime, you can kill my premium account...

You're actually still current. But it will expire unless renewed. If you've got an active paypal subscription then you'll need to cancel that from within PayPal.

Joel

COBL_04 said:
Well I took out a money order... and premium mebership cost me $32 bucks!!! :rant:

Better be good. :grumpy:

:wink:

You'll get access to the hookers and blow now. :wink:

Do you have a paypal account?

If not you'd have to mail an international money order to the board owner.

I got an email saying PayPal had taken $12 out of my bank account to pay for my yearly subscription for Interference.

Any idea why it hasn't cleared my checking account yet? It's been probably two weeks since I got the email. Is that a PayPal issue, or is there something on this end holding it up?

Just a thought: it would be nice to get some sort of notification as the premium memberships near expiration. Mine ran out a few days ago, and it was surprising to be jolted back to regular. Email or PM notification could have prevented this.

Also, I really didn't know exactly when my membership was up, because I had issues with payment being received last year.

Sicy, I just sent you an email saying that I was online Saturday night, and noticed that I am no longer listed as a Premium Member. I send Joel a check to renew for 2008 ,back in October, and he did get it, and my bank statement cleared it in November. I am really puzzled about this, for I really did pay and he did get my check.

corianderstem said:
I got an email saying PayPal had taken $12 out of my bank account to pay for my yearly subscription for Interference.

Any idea why it hasn't cleared my checking account yet? It's been probably two weeks since I got the email. Is that a PayPal issue, or is there something on this end holding it up?

Most likely a paypal/bank issue.

Back
Top Bottom