Other Music Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chile

The Fly
Having read the already closed topic about the AF subforum, and realizing that one of the reasons might be just because it's not about u2, and then also noting there are existing forums not related to u2 at all, I'm ready to suggest the board see a new forum for broader music interests/bands.

A few things to consider:

1. Having a General music forum will not reduce the relevancy of this board to u2 discussion.
2. Topics contained within may, in fact, bring people to the community who might otherwise not really be here much.
3. Making the forum doesn't go against precedent.
4. If you wanted, you'd probably find many quality people to moderate discussions.
5. u2 are fans of other bands too.
6. You could alter an average u2 fan into a strong u2 fan (a pillar of the "u2 dominate the world" plan)

Having said that, if Interference is getting paid from u2, then perhaps it makes sense to only be about u2, but even official forums for other bands have forums for people to talk about other bands/music.

KhanadaRhodes said:
interference definitely doesn't get paid by U2.

and i had hoped that at least paul mcguiness was a premium member here :(

right, I missed that forum. :p

and this is my opinion:

It seems like the forum/subforum has too tiny a description and it's buried too far inside the board structure. As if to imply:

This forum is not important. Do not bother with this forum.

Chile said:

and this is my opinion:

It seems like the forum/subforum has too tiny a description and it's buried too far inside the board structure. As if to imply:

Really?

It was one of the first forums I found here.

Chile said:

and this is my opinion:

Well, this is a U2 forum.

The 'other' music discussion forum is a subforum of our main general forum (Lemonade Stand).

It clearly states, right there on the front forum page:

Lemonade Stand

Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby. There is a sub-forum for General music, sports, TV, and movies.

I dont really feel like its buried.

Of course you don't think it's buried. Otherwise, it wouldn't be that way. :shrug:

My thought would be to swap the tech forum (which gets limited traffic) with the music forum (which, on topic, should receive more traffic).

The forums are grouped together by certain categories. It doesnt belong in that grouping. And frankly you're the first person to want it moved in the whole 6 or however many years its been where its been so I really dont see it happening. The forum receives plenty of traffic.

Now that you know where it is though it shouldnt be a problem :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom