On the matter of "The Edge"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy:

And now....I printed a Edges reply to my post and sent to U2 World Service , and I asked to Edge to sign it for me...

:lmao:

This is definately not funny. This site prides itself on being on the cutting edge of U2 happenings/news etc.

The way this has been handled is appalling.

Whether the staff of Interference were the deceivers, or were themselves deceived, it shows a gross level of incompetence.

And given the repeated assertations that Interference has close ties to PM and the band it should have been very, very easy from the get-go to verify whether or not it was really The Edge posting.

I do not believe anyone in 'staff' was stupid enough to be fooled, the IPs alone give away the location. And Katey's endless gloating about being a "PR girl" and having contact:tsk: if anyone expects me to believe she's innocent I'll eat my computer. Elvis is way too smart and sly of a computer geek to be tricked.

However some people must think we are stupid enough to be fooled, right now:| :(

Last edited:
shy said:
:ohmy:

And now....I printed a Edges reply to my post and sent to U2 World Service , and I asked to Edge to sign it for me...

:lmao:

And THIS, my friends, is the problem here. People trusted this and were excited.......as much as I hate to admit it now, I called everyone I knew and told them that the Edge was posting here...........

I feel like an ass now so I'd like to know why this happened.
Am I taking this too seriously? Maybe. But I still don't find it funny. Ridiculous? Yes. Funny....not so much.

I knew it wasn't the real Edge...t'was a marketing stunt and people that worked with Interference swore it was the real thing.

People you have got to realize this was done once before when ATYCLB was coming out too. It's just to get more people to come on this site and I know PM has been contacted about this.

I believed it at first but was reminded about what happened a few years ago. Why Interference would swear to this is beyond me. Putting their reputation on the line is just :tsk:

Using that interview saying it was done by a secret member of u2 :rolleyes: Please...like a member of U2 like The Edge would be posting here instead of posting at an official forum like u2.com and why would he not post at other forums? Makes no sense.
It really upset me when I found out about this. You'd think that this site wouldn't try to pull something like this on its loyal members. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom