On the matter of "The Edge"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time we can confirm that this poster is using the same IP address as "The Edge". This is not a staff member however or any other member for that matter.

We have been investigating where the source of these claims have been coming from. We have not issued any sort of statement yet on the issue as we are not able to conclude confidently ANYTHING at this time.

We realize this is not much information for all of you, but we need to be able to have clarification ourselves before stating anything publicly on the forum.

Many of the comments made in the intitial post of this thread do not match up to what has both been posted publicly by 'The Edge'/'Dalkey Beach' (or any other name they have used), nor do they match up with things said in email and private messages with various staff.

We fully intend to find out exactly who is being misled by who, and possibly even who is being misled about being misled. While that may sound confusing there is no more appropriate situation than now for the use of this word: beLIEve

One also has to wonder why it has taken almost a month for this individual(s) to come forward and make statements about an interview they now claim to be false.

We are still investigating all matters surrounding these 'events'.

- Interference Content Staff

For a moment, let's pretend that D.Smith is the one who wrote this. If she is a staff member, why would other Interference staff members try to contact her family for an interview?! Is she related to The Edge? And why would she post this way?

If it's not the real D. Smith that's posting here and on @U2, then this proves to me that this post isn't real - it's just some troll trying to cause problems.

Again, I await to hear from the staff or the REAL U2 camp on this entire situation.

Elvis, perhaps you can clarify how these people deceived you into believing they were The Edge.

Elvis said:
At this time we can confirm that this poster is using the same IP address as "The Edge".

:hmm: But is what this poster is saying true? IS it all a fake?

The Edge/Dalkey beach? I thought those two were not the same person?

This is getting weirder each time we read about it...one also has to wonder why the staff has not cleared this thing by now. I understand the mods may have been tricked but I would have thought Elvis would have ways to verify...

Last edited:
ThatGuy said:
I thought IP addresses didn't mean anything. :confused:

We were just confirming that this poster used the same IP address, and no other accounts besides the ones in question have that same IP.

ThatGuy said:

and who'd be stupid enough to use the same IP? :tsk:

IPs don't mean anything to me because I can't see them:|

AND if you all knew these IPs all along surely you knew they weren't coming from Dublin:eyebrow:

Last edited:
ThatGuy said:
not when your best staf member doesn't believe this Edge/Dalkey crap and therefore you want to kick her out before she learns too much about all the IP's flying around

this thread really is a new low though
congrats!

Salome said:
not when your best staf member doesn't believe this Edge/Dalkey crap and therefore you want to kick her out before she learns too much about all the IP's flying around

congrats!

What you are insinuating Salome is some big stuff. :ohmy:

I only hope you are wrong.

U2girl said:

:shocked: But is what this poster is saying true?

The Edge/Dalkey beach? I thought those two were not the same person?

This is getting weirder each time we read about it...one also has to wonder why the staff has not cleared this thing by now.

As we stated what was posted does not match up to reality (public posts, private messages, and email).

We have not cleared this 'thing' because we're still investigating many aspects of this, a great deal of which has NOT been in the public's eye.

my insinuations aren't really any more ridiculous than this thread

it's a disgrace to this entire forum

Salome said:
congrats!

I'll have to agree with you. Can we just grow up, bite the bullet and just say what really happened.

Whatever it is. It's better than all of this bullshit.

How old are we here?

Elvis said:

As we stated what was posted does not match up to reality (public posts, private messages, and email).

We have not cleared this 'thing' because we're still investigating many aspects of this, a great deal of which has NOT been in the public's eye.

That's the problem - just what IS reality here?
(we can hardly know what this poster/The Edge/Dalkey beach/whoever posts in PMs or emails)
Which is odd, you say it's the same IP but the person is saying different things then they did before... :coocoo:

BTW my post had a sub-question. Is/was Edge a fake or not?

Last edited:
Okay, I just want to let everyone know that the D Smith who posted on @U2 is not me. I have never posted over there. I hope that it only a coincidence that whoever this person is who started this thread and the @U2 thread used a name similar to mine and is not trying to imply that I am over there bashing this site.

wow...i've been a browser of all the different u2 fan sites for many many many years. i've only really gotten into interference specifically for the past few months. the whole edge thing made me more intersted in becoming a part of this community as opposed to any of the other ones. the people/staff here are a lot like me and the speed ay which u2 news spreads is amazing. although i don't have as much "credibility" as some of the "famous" posters with thousands of posts...i still feel like people listen to what i have to say and respect me. that is what this forum is about. freedom and respect. i don't think the moderators would intentionally fool any of us. Moreover, we cannot blame them for actually wanting "The Edge" to be The Edge because they are at the core, fans like everyone else. I say let them figure it out and act accordingly...since every other aspect of this site/forum is everything most fans would want.

Anirban said:
wow...i've been a browser of all the different u2 fan sites for many many many years. i've only really gotten into interference specifically for the past few months. the whole edge thing made me more intersted in becoming a part of this community as opposed to any of the other ones. the people/staff here are a lot like me and the speed ay which u2 news spreads is amazing. although i don't have as much "credibility" as some of the "famous" posters with thousands of posts...i still feel like people listen to what i have to say and respect me. that is what this forum is about. freedom and respect. i don't think the moderators would intentionally fool any of us. Moreover, we cannot blame them for actually wanting "The Edge" to be The Edge because they are at the core, fans like everyone else. I say let them figure it out and act accordingly...since every other aspect of this site/forum is everything most fans would want.

Thank you for that.

OK, so part of me wants to be really scandalize byt his whole thing, and I'm obviously not happy that I have been lied to. But at the same time I must say this is terribly entertaining:p

I just feel like having a good laugh about this whole thing... Some people were clearly way too naive here, and I'm not talking about all of us who actually believed it was The Edge...

Didn't want to pipe in before-- but...

Couldn't all this be simply resolved by finding some way to contact Priniciple Managment or The Edge via phone or Net conferencing?

:confused: :crack: :crazy: :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom