official birthday thread in LS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
it seems like lately LS is flooded with "happy birthday" threads, and i feel like i'm stumbling over them just to get to threads with discussion.

just a thought......

ps. can i have my private messaging back please?:wink:

Well I dont really know what can be done about it.. there was talk of a Birthday forum in the past but for some reason I think it would be as dead as Pussy's :|

Mikal.. $12 will get your pm's back :wink:

i was more thinking of a "sticky" thread at the top of the page, but i will agree it's nice to see a thread specifically intended for me on my birthday. at the same time, a "sticky" thread would help organize the individual threads, and it seems that everyone here is kind enough that they'd probably look in the thread daily to give b-day wishes.

can i just send a dime bag instead?:wink: :ohmy: :drool:

I dont get it.. a sticky thread wishing everyone a happy birthday? How would that organize individual threads? :der:

omg lmfao :shame: :lol: :drunk:

ive had this very same idea

just one happy birthday thread where when you want to wish someone a happy birthday you can post it there

Yeah, there are "sticky" threads for newbies, so why not ones for birthdays? The birthday threads are friendly, but they get in the way of discussion.

Then again, I don't mind the birthday threads in LS. They belong there IMO. As LS is more or less the chat-forum, I don't have the feeling it gets in the way of discussion. In my eyes, there isn't much 'discussion' in that forum (in contrast to FYM, which is a discussion-forum). But that's my ?19,95/month :).

I'll go against the grain and say I like the birthday threads. I just think it's nice for people to have a special thread for them on their birthday. I understand what people are saying about there being lots of birthday threads, but if you don't want to read them then it's not that hard just to skip over them and go to the next thread you want.

Just me 0.2. :wink:

my only thought is that other threads that have good conversation may be lost in the mix, or might drift to the bottom of the page where they're forgotten about because you have 6 or 7 birthday threads at the top of the page.

if they were all merged into one thread, then we would never have that problem.

i've seen this done at other forums and it works really well.

I don't think the birthday threads get in the way of other threads in Lemonade Stand
the number of newly started threads isn't that high that because of the bday threads other threads end up page 2 too quickly anyway

+ the bday threads are easy enough to recognize if one wishes to avoid them

don't see the harm really

Yeah I really dont think Lemonade Stand is THAT busy that a couple birthday threads here and there will damage it.

Screaming Flower said:
remind me not to start a birthday thread for mikal. :down::angry:

:ohmy:

i was just making a suggestion trying to help interference in any way i can. i think i take the cake when it comes to pissing people off when trying to be a nice guy.

anyway, sicy and salome, i definitely see your points too. i just wanted to see what your thoughts would be on this. :)

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I'll go against the grain and say I like the birthday threads. I just think it's nice for people to have a special thread for them on their birthday.

Having just had a birthday, I agree. My birthday threads made me feel nice. :)

mikal said:

i was just making a suggestion trying to help interference in any way i can. i think i take the cake when it comes to pissing people off when trying to be a nice guy.

i was just kidding cookie boy. :laugh:

i think if there was a birthday thread after a while it wouldn't get read any more, and just take forever to load, and end up being pages and pages and pages long. :shrug:

it's ok. the badgers are winning right now.

oh, and it's my ex-girlfriend's birthday today.

everyone say "fuck you" to her!!!:wink:

arw9797 said:
My birthday is next month and I want my own thread! :D Plus.....I don't want to have to "share" one with zoney! :tsk:

I agree. I need a lot of attention and absolutely REFUSE to share a thread with ARW9797 or ODY. My Birthday thread is all mine and people should worship accordingly.

:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom