New Moderators needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
We are looking people who are of good standing within the Feedback community, who offer help and support other users and who are willing to devote time to making the boards and the site a better place.

The duties of a Mod(erator) include keeping the forum(s) running smoothly, keeping the topics consistant with the description of the forum(s) that they moderate, ensuring users find information they want quickly and helping maintain a good conversational environment.

Currently, we are looking for additional mods in almost every forum, especially the 'not-so-busy' ones. If you are interested in being a mod please reply to this thread stating which forums are of interest to you.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 03-23-2002).]

There is 0% chance I'd ever, ever, ever be picked.. but hey..
smile.gif
Might as well give it a shot.

It's a Musical Journey
PLEBA (I'd LOVE this)
Lemonade Stand
Zoo Confessionals

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Well, the only forums I really hang out in now are MP3s/Music on the Internet, The Goal Is Soul, and PLEBA...but I would enjoy being a mod in any of those forums.

Hey elevatedmole, don't discredit yourself, you're a cool person
smile.gif

Thanks a lot Elvis!
smile.gif

hippy
hippyactress@hotmail.com
AIM: hippyactress

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

*raises hand* (Like people didn't know I was going to do this, lol)

I'd be interested in helping out in any forums that need it, Elvis, but if I had to choose the particular ones I would go with Zoo Confessionals, PLEBA, EYKIW, and the aformentioned "slow traffic" forums.
smile.gif

------------------
Stay with the demons you drowned
Stay with the spirit I found
Stay and the night would be enough

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 03-23-2002).]

hippy this means that you will have to put evil hippy away
tongue.gif

I'd say I'd volunteer but I like using my evil side
------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 03-23-2002).]

I would love to moderate the following:

Lemonade Stand
EYKIW
It's Official

And this is why - I work at home, and am on the Internet all the time (cable modem) and at my desk in excess of 12 hours a day starting at 930am EST. I am well known in those forums and feel that I am always fair, logical and friendly to the posters in those forums. I feel that I have good judgement and a sense of fluidity and purpose for staying on topic. The mods in those forums are very familiar with my style and personality, and I feel I would be easy to work with and fit in well with the overall vision. I have more than enough time to moderate any forums you may choose to open up to me.

Thank you for your consideration.

PLEBA chat jointly nominates hippyactress as a PLEBA moderator. She's knows the forum and is very responsible.

Hippy for Moderator!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I'd like to be a FYM moderator. I tend to hang out there more than anywhere.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

I third elevatedmole's nomination as well. Her and hippy are running on the same ballot (cause I said so, and isn't that enough?
tongue.gif
), we'd like them both to win.
biggrin.gif

Elevatedmole for moderator!!!

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I'd be interested in helping out in any of the following:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
MP3's/Music on the Internet
It's A Musical Journey
The Goal is Soul

I'm music recording tech. major and I play guitar & trumpet so music is my deal. Let me know if I can help out.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

elvis, i'm interested in moderating zoo confessionals, or lemonade stand. hope you can use me in one of those forums.

[This message has been edited by nellie (edited 03-23-2002).]

put em under pressure

everthing you know...

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Free Your Mind - I read all the threads there just don't really reply!

Every Artist Is A Cannibal, Every Poet a Thief! I actually go there even
though its dead!
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Lemonade Stand.
smile.gif

Any forum that needs a mod.

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Oh hell, why not...

I'd be willing to be a mod for pretty much any forum here (with the exception of PLEBA, please for the love of God not PLEBA!
biggrin.gif
). I visit Lemonade Stand, Zoo Confessionals, and EYKIW most often, but I also check out EBTTRT, FYM, Dream Out Loud, The Goal Is Soul, and It's Official fairly often as well.

I've got a DSL connection and visit several times daily, so yeah...

Well... I'm willing to help...

I visit Lemonade Stand, FYM, Put 'Em Under Pressure, ETYKIW, It's Official, Zoo Confessional, Dream Out Loud and The suggestion forum a few times a day, but mostly during mid-nights and mornings of the US.

tongue.gif

I would most certainly volunteer for the FREE YOUR MIND forum, not just because its my most frequently used forum, but because its my favourite. I would also like LEMONADE STAND. But preferably FREE YOUR MIND...

smile.gif

Ant.

I'd love to help.

~Lemonade Stand
~EYKIW
~It's A Musical Journey
~PLEBA
~Every Artist...
~Even Better...
~It's Official
~Zoo Confessionals
~Discotheque
~DOL
~Don't Expect, Suggest

I would also not be opposed to the other forums I didn't list.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 03-24-2002).]

Hrm...I'd love to mod "Free Your Mind," but if you think I'm too involved in that forum (making that a bad idea), I'd understand.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I would like to be a moderator in

- PLEBA (my first choice, which I don't think I have a hope in hell of getting)
- Lemonade Stand

But I will take any forum to moderate, and I won't let you down either, I promise. Just let me know if you need me. and I'll be there. Thanks Elvis!

sweetheart81522@hotmail.com
AIM: sweetheart81522

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'd love to help.

~Lemonade Stand
~EYKIW
~It's A Musical Journey
~PLEBA
~Every Artist...
~Even Better...
~It's Official
~Zoo Confessionals
~Discotheque
~DOL
~Don't Expect, Suggest

I would also not be opposed to the other forums I didn't list.

For what it's worth, I think Bonochick would do a good job moderating PLEBA.

Well,

I happen to love
It's Official
Lemonade Stand
..and I'd be interested in helping out on PLEBA

These forums are only what everyone makes it but I'd be honored to help out if needed.

Of course guaca hasn't been around all that much for her alter ego has been for awhile and all one has to do is ask and if I'm able I'll gladly help out fellow interferencers.

Of course the mods you have now are more than capable of doing the job of 10 of me put together but I guess even they need a break some times.

But of course you probably have more than enough to help out already but I thought I'd offer.

Keep up the good work out there people! You're doing great so far.

Whacka

I would like to moderate Free your mind.

The forum has gotten out of hand in the last few months and it is time to keep the threads free of slander. I frequent FYM a few times a day. i read it all just dont respond to things that really arnt going anywhere. I have been an active member since the forums inception and would really strive to better the forum.

i would also enjoy be a mod for Put em Under Pressure.

I am a huge sports fan and love to read the threads. I cant forsee the forum as being volitile but what the heck.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom