More Embed Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The embedded things may not work well on mobile devices... We added this feature as a special add-in and may not be able to customise the app as well.

They may not work on the app but they work fine on the mobile web version of the site! (For those of you that only use your phone... )

They may not work on the app but they work fine on the mobile web version of the site! (For those of you that only use your phone... )

Oh, that's good to know. It wouldn't be a huge pain for me to stop using the app if it came down to it. Thank ya :D

I'd also like to be able to see embedded tweets on the app. I exclusively use the app so I'm missing out on a ton of functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The app developers are a separate entity from Interference so its up to them to update the app with the new options. I have asked if they can be contacted about it.

For now if all you are using is your phone you can use the mobile site on your browser/phone instead of the app and the options show up that way.

I figure it will be a long time until they show up on the app, that doesn't super bother me, because you can just click web view on the posts in the app. What does annoy the hell out of me is that when you do that the post only shows up for about 3 seconds before going to "Twitter Widget Log Helper".

I figure it will be a long time until they show up on the app, that doesn't super bother me, because you can just click web view on the posts in the app. What does annoy the hell out of me is that when you do that the post only shows up for about 3 seconds before going to "Twitter Widget Log Helper".

It does that for me too. I always have to open links in Safari because it does that to every web page.

The Twitter widget thing is super annoying.
The app is great, though, for being able to see all the threads at once and quick replies. But sometimes none of the threads will refresh and it's stuck on the same posts for hours and occasionally days. I don't know if anyone else has had that problem.

The Instagram embed doesn't work. Or if it does, I'm not doing it properly. Can we please look into this? Vine, tweets and soundcloud all good, but would love a working insta embed

The Instagram embed doesn't work. Or if it does, I'm not doing it properly. Can we please look into this? Vine, tweets and soundcloud all good, but would love a working insta embed

What device, operating system, etc are you using to view? Are you having this issue using the app or a PC?

i can't view them either, it just comes up as a huge blank box for me, but i never use instagram so i never said anything. i also recently got a new computer and it's still doing it. both were macbooks (technically new one's a macbook pro, but still). current os: mac os 10.10.5, using chrome 45.0.2454.99 (64-bit). old laptop had mac os 10.8.5 and also had chrome (always kept that up-to-date too).

Back
Top Bottom