Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get annoyed at the long-post quoting just to say "I agree," but even an "I agree" one-line comment feels more like "participation" than just clicking a "like" button.

I'd rather have the participation.

Seriously, this is a message board.

..that I'm not tryin to live on 24/7! Lol

And anyways, there are others that would like one..so, like any other feature, it would get used by some, and ignored by others.

After all, *with a Like button users would have the option to just do that if they like; you who want to post more have the option of exercising that right too. *Without the button, the choice doesn't exist period.. :shrug:

Seriously, this is a message board.
exactly.

people quoting huge photos and youtube videos annoys me too though, i wish people wouldn't do it. usually people post text along with the content too, so just remove the crap that hogs up the space on everyone's monitor and everyone's just seen. not to mention loading 20 youtube videos on one page (even on a computer) can kill a browser.

just remove the crap that hogs up the space on everyone's monitor and everyone's just seen

I guess this is why I asked for the button more in relation to the mobile app. Removing the crap is always easy when using a computer...on the mobile app it's not so easy...I hate trying to modify the scope of the text selection box on my phone it's agonizingly frustrating lol!!

not to mention loading 20 youtube videos on one page (even on a computer) can kill a browser..

It destroys the app running on my 4s lol. I have to start closing other shit to get it un-hung. :sad:

exactly.

people quoting huge photos and youtube videos annoys me too though, i wish people wouldn't do it. usually people post text along with the content too, so just remove the crap that hogs up the space on everyone's monitor and everyone's just seen. not to mention loading 20 youtube videos on one page (even on a computer) can kill a browser.

Yeah, that drives me crazy.

I guess this is why I asked for the button more in relation to the mobile app. Removing the crap is always easy when using a computer...on the mobile app it's not so easy...I hate trying to modify the scope of the text selection box on my phone it's agonizingly frustrating lol!!

It destroys the app running on my 4s lol. I have to start closing other shit to get it un-hung. :sad:

That's because you have an iPhone. :wink::wave:

Mobile app is suddenly crashing on me since updating my iOS software yesterday, on both my iPhone and iPad. App will let me into a forum but if I click on a specific thread it crashes. I've tried turning the device off then back on, and also reinstalling the app. Still crashes. Is something going on?

Mobile app is suddenly crashing on me since updating my iOS software yesterday, on both my iPhone and iPad. App will let me into a forum but if I click on a specific thread it crashes. I've tried turning the device off then back on, and also reinstalling the app. Still crashes. Is something going on?

me too, i'm having the exact same problem...

We had an update to the app today pushed by the app developer. The update addressed a security issue but also seems to have broken some features. We've contacted the developer about this and are waiting for some progress. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope the fix will be along quickly. The update was applied to the forum not to your local app installation so for now there is no need to update your app install.

We had an update to the app today pushed by the app developer. The update addressed a security issue but also seems to have broken some features. We've contacted the developer about this and are waiting for some progress. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope the fix will be along quickly. The update was applied to the forum not to your local app installation so for now there is no need to update your app install.

Janet, is there a chance the developer could add a Blue option for the app in addition to the light or dark settings? I'm talking about the Android version. Thanks!

Janet, is there a chance the developer could add a Blue option for the app in addition to the light or dark settings? I'm talking about the Android version. Thanks!

I think it's unlikely but will forward your request ;)

Is there a chance the developer could add the option of the app not crashing every time I try to open a thread?

A patch was pushed today - is it better?

Also while this is open what's up with the like five-hour outages that we've had over the past fortnight?

We've added more squirrels to the server - you should see an improvement moving forward..

and where is my father? come home dad, please.

Probably in the same location as Jimmy Hoffa, Amelia Earhart and honest politicians...

a fortnight? Are you from the middle ages?

Possibly, but more likely, a waaaay cooler place than my location ;)

Oooh nice Android update with the blue crack colored headers. ?

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom