MERGED ----> what are them little orange box thingys? + Xhl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Xhl

what up?

it looks like something important but when I click it my head hurts

(if this thread doesn't take off start posting pictures of lemmings

i've been wondering too...but it's XML not XHL :wink: :p

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below

Searched Google and got this:

Extensible Markup Language. Like HTML, XML is a markup language, but unlike HTML, it is not limited to Web documents. Another difference is the markup tags in HTML define how the elements thus tagged are displayed, whereas the tags in XML define the data contained in the tagged elements. XML is expected to eventually bring about great changes in the delivery of information on the Web.

I don't get it. :|

XML is used mostly for news feeder applets and for mobile devices, if I remember correctly. Basically, it allows programs to be written to use the data in the XML pages in different ways than HTML, which is limited to what we see here.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass here. Who knows. All I know is that most of us will have no use for XML (and that is what the icon says, nothing else :p ), but it is useful for other geekier projects.

Melon

I seriously think that melon is one of the smartest people I know. I feel so...inferior.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom