MERGED --> Change screen name?? + I would like to change my username..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Members cannot change their usernames. Only on very RARE occasions, an admin can change usernames, but it is not done unless it is a special circumstance such as an error when first registering, or registering your first and last name as a username by mistake, etc.

You'd have to re-register with a new name if you'd like to change your name.

originally posted by Sicy
You'd have to re-register with a new name if you'd like to change your name.

That's what I did, I re-registered and got a new account. The only problem is, your e-mail. You can't register under the same e-mail as the first username. Unless you have another e-mail address (like I do) then you can get a new name.

sharry_lt said:
WHY couldn't we change our nicknames?:| is it such a big difficulty to do that?:(

Yes it is actually.

Can you imagine if everyone were able to change their usernames? How confusing that would be??

If you dont like your username, get a new email address at yahoo or hotmail or whatever, and re-register.. that isnt that difficult.

well u see- people change their opinion, desires and so on. a nickname represents who you are, so very often it becomes old and strats sounding stupid.:huh:
then it's no fun at all to be known by that name...
:huh: :huh: :huh:

but i will be a newbie again...and i like being a grown up so much!:D

p.s. i don't hate my username. I just think it's not a very good one.:sexywink: if i could, i would change it.
but if that really is impossible, then oh well.:D
i can live being sharry_lt:sexywink:

Only if its a name you're not comfortable with, and even embarassed by :)

You know, with this thread, and the one over in the Lemonade Stand, is it me or do these threads have something to do with me getting a new username?I just think its weird that they began at the same time I got a new name. :scratch:

Last edited:
LOL, I didn't think so either. I just thought it was weird

Change screen name??

Is there a way to change my screen name without creating a whole new account?

I don't want this screen name anymore, but I don't want to lose my post count, journal, etc. That's probably not even possible.

I'd buy a premium membership just to do it. :sigh:

nope, as far as i know it can't be done. i recall an admin (probably sicy) saying it was a bit tedious and can be confusing. not to mention that if one person can do it, then everyone will want to, and it would be a lot of extra work.

sorry. :(

i just signed up for premium on my old account - i'm happy to re-register if thats the only way to change the user name, but si there any way i could then transfer my premium membership onto my new username so that i dont have to pay it again

di_g said:
i just signed up for premium on my old account - i'm happy to re-register if thats the only way to change the user name, but si there any way i could then transfer my premium membership onto my new username so that i dont have to pay it again

sorry - by old account i mean this account. so not old yet but would be if i re-registered
oh you know what i mean!

If you want to transfer the premium to a new account just let me know what your new account name is once you have registered.

Sicy said:
If you want to transfer the premium to a new account just let me know what your new account name is once you have registered.

cool, i'll do that tonight or tomorrow
thanks

I don't want to change my username, but what about the other small name under it ? Is that what is called the nickname? Is this also impossible to change? I never chose that, I mean, Babyface is probably the worst U2 song ever...

Those are standard status lines, they change as you get more posts. You cant change them yourself.

I see, thanks for the info! I just noticed mine changed from Babyface to The Fly.. It must mean I'm starting to spend too much time here!

Sicy said:
Those are standard status lines, they change as you get more posts. You cant change them yourself.

Sorry I realise this thread is old, and another one, basically to do with the same thing has came up :reject:

I have no problem with the standard status lines, quite like them actually :D

But, i noticed one of the users doesnt have a standard status line :confused: I dont think she's a mod, so i dont understand. It's Queen Bee by the way. I dont want to change anything I was just wondering why hers is different.

Nothing against Queen Bee by the way, she's great! :hug:

Very RARELY one will recieve a custom status. It's something they either really deserve, or dont.. the choice is up to the admins, not the poster.

Back
Top Bottom