MERGED --> Avatar help + Can somebody resize this please? + custom avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strato Edge

War Child

bono10.jpg

Can someone with a kind heart resize this to avatar size? Thanks

custom avatar

Hello. I have searched through previous posts, but I can't find one about this, although I imagine I just can't spot it.
I want to have a custom avatar, but I am having problems. I have several times gone to both Google and Yahoo and selected a picture that is the appropriate size, in either JPG or GIF format. I have tried repeatedly to submit one of these, and have been told each time that the picture is not a valid JPG or GIF picture, when it had been identified as such by Google and Yahoo. What am I doing wrong?
I'd appreciate your help with this, but obviously this is not an urgent matter, and can wait until after you have all enjoyed a pleasant holiday. Thanks!

The picture you found may be too big in dimensions (a maximum of 72x72 pixels) and/or by file size (a maxium 7000 by bytes). If you need the size of a picture changed and don't know how to do it, link the picture to this thread, and one of us can do it for you.

Hello Bonochick, that's for replying so quickly. With regard to the pictures, it's not the size that's the problem. I was really careful to select only very small pics. I did an advanced search using Google (and later Yahoo) with specific criteria: icon-sized and JPG or GIF files only. Each time I submitted a picture, I was told that the file was "not a valid JPG pr GIF file", even though it had been clearly identified as such by Google and Yahoo.
Do you have any suggestions? Just a warning--I'm not terribly literate, technologically speaking, so you will probably have to explain things to me as if I were a three year old. Thanks for your help!

Not at all. I use plain old MS Paint to resize mine, though better programs would do it easier probably this one is fine for basic things like picture resizing. You can either resize by pixel dimension or chop by %. If you have any trouble, post it here and we can help you.

Red X try again.. you need to copy the ENTIRE link, you only have half of it.

Back
Top Bottom