Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
since no one has answered carrie's question, i'll repeat it: what do you guys want or need that'll prove to you that it is david "the edge" evans, and not someone else?

Not that I want to get involved in all the drama that's been going on around here but may I offer a suggestion ...

"The Edge' posted a a self-picture from his photobucket account in PLEBA? Could he perhaps take a picture of himself in from of his computer browsing the blue crack?

Again just a suggestion ...

Brook...you will not be censored, nor will your post be deleted. Just a heads-up. This forum is meant for bringing member's concerns to the attention of administration. Thanks for participating in the dialogue.

A heads-up to everyone else, too...until Elvis himself posts in this thread, which may not be for a little while yet, neither we (the mods and supermods) nor the staff (Katey, dsmith, et al.) will probably be able to give you any more answers on this. That's not an executive decision, it's just the way it is.

That said, this thread will stay open, and as long as no one starts being abusive or anything, no posts will be deleted or changed. If you have concerns, you have the right to have them answered to the fullest extent possible, but unfortunately there is only one person who can do most of the answering.

Thanks for understanding. Hang in there. We are doing our respective bests.

I appreciate that, and understand the purpose of the forum. I posted here because Cujo's thread was moved here.

JessicaAnn said:

"The Edge' posted a a self-picture from his photobucket account in PLEBA? Could he perhaps take a picture of himself in from of his computer browsing the blue crack?

The posting of that picture raises doubts that it really is The Edge posting.

Say you're a tech-savvy person who wants to post a self-portrait to a messageboard. Do you a) post a blurry scanned paper photo that's obviously five or six years old and that you obviously didn't take yourself, or b) take out your digital camera, hold it out at arm's length and snap a picture of yourself, and post it?

Not that this one incident alone means that it's not the real Edge. But it's things like this and other leaps of logic that lead me to believe that it isn't really him.

The 'irony' of all this is that it looks like someone felt they could fool the addicts of Blue Crack Land, but apparently the very fact that we are addicts and notice everything has been underestimated and has backfired :uhoh: We who hang out here more than we should are good at stuff like that, we notice and remember and compare things. We can often pick out each other's alters before the mods do. The misstep was that it went on too long, went too far, and things started to happen that 'gave themselves away':| So now maybe the best thing for this community is probably for this to stop, and rewind the tape recorder one more time to the day before it all started, and go on from there as friends.:)

paxetaurora said:
A heads-up to everyone else, too...until Elvis himself posts in this thread, which may not be for a little while yet, neither we (the mods and supermods) nor the staff (Katey, dsmith, et al.) will probably be able to give you any more answers on this. That's not an executive decision, it's just the way it is.
I don't think anyone really expects any of the mods or staff to answer the questions which were raised in this thread
most are fully aware that you don't have the answers either since in the end you know as much about this as any of us do
just as I don't really expect any of the mods to answer the questions I raised earlier this week about my personal situation on here since you don't know the answer to that one either

the suggestion up until now that all we can do is simply trust the sites owner on this hardly makes any sense
I'm not even sure whether he has ever stated in a public thread that he has any evidence that suggests this really is The Edge
this site's success is only due to its members (a percentage of these members even pay good money to keep this site going) so asking for a little more clarity than none whatsoever shouldn't immediately be regarded as some kind of attack
also the members of this site have a right to know what kind of proof Elvis has that this is not a scam (note that I don't need to see/hear the actual evidence, I just want to know what it could possibly me)

I can wait another week for not getting any real answers though
I'm not going anywhere

U2Kitten said:
So now maybe the best thing for this community is probably for this to stop, and rewind the tape recorder one more time to the day before it all started, and go on from there as friends.:)

:applaud: :)

Salome said:

this site's success is only due to its members (a percentage of these members even pay good money to keep this site going) so asking for a little more clarity than none whatsoever shouldn't immediately be regarded as some kind of attack
also the members of this site have a right to know what kind of proof Elvis has that this is not a scam

Or some sort of proof that someone else is "scamming", if that's what will be claimed/stated

It's a nice thought to think that "let's just move on" and have everything all tied up in a neat little bow

Maybe some people aren't separating what they like about this site, and their friendships or whatever, from the issues. And before anyone attacks me for saying that, it's just a thought I have based upon observations. If that's what you want to do, that's fine.

There are things that are far more important to me than this site, things I value more, over and above all other things. I'll just leave it at that.

Or maybe since I'm not a paying member, I have no right to express my thoughts :shrug:

Tip Top Prince said:
I don't see why Elvis or staff should say who is official and who is not.

But I don't understand why the Dalkey speculation was shut down. No one was asking for official confirmation, they were speculating amongst themselves. I don't agree with those threads being closed. I thought the detective work was quite interesting actually.

Katey - I believe it was you who close the Dalkey speculation thread. Perhaps you could explain why?

That is, without resorting to the party line of "we are not at liberty to disclose...".

TipTop, that's the least of the questions I'm thinking of at this point.

From this thread, just an example:

Originally posted by katey
no I don't have the slightest ..other then if it concerns what you mentioned about Edge... again what proof would you like..you either believe it or you don't there is no big conspiracy here ..on my word which might not mean much to you but it's all I have ..

Posted on the EYKIW thread "Interference Interuption by "The Edge"

Originally posted by The Edge
The band and I were discussing past tours and ideas we had used. We came to talking about ZooTV and I thought a song we used in the pre-set has become more.. if not... at least as relevant now as it was at the time. This is probably for those with long memories or who are just getting on....
In this century it can probably be applied to the personal computer and I am as guilty as the next.....

(this followed by a poem)

Originally posted by me in on the same thread in EYKIW:

The writing style of the title and the initial post in this thread is oddly similar to that of a certain staff member, misspellings, lack of proper punctuation, two little dots and a space between two sentences which are also not capitalized.. sure looks familiar.. this person is also a poet.. :eyebrow: :hmm: :censored:

GET IT??

I'm thinking of the name of a Steely Dan album :sexywink:

Get a clue, those of you who haven't already, we've been had :grumpy: I hope these posts can be read as they are before some are altered or deleted which I totally expect to happen. But I stand by what I said in my previous post about going back and starting again :up: though I do totally understand Mrs. Springsteen's feelings.

Last edited:
Katey - I believe it was you who close the Dalkey speculation thread. Perhaps you could explain why? That is, without resorting to the party line of "we are not at liberty to disclose...".

I am not a MOD nor do I have any insight why the thread was closed..I have nothing to do with forum events such as thread closures etc... what Dalkey thread would that be..I dont read them all so if you provide a link maybe that can assist and clarify if need be. I might have very well posted in it..

The writing style of the title and the initial post in this thread is oddly similar to that of a certain staff member, misspellings, lack of proper punctuation, two little dots and a space between two sentences which are also not capitalized.. sure looks familiar.. this person is also a poet..

brilliant ..yes the secret revealed Katey=the Edge ( i could only wish to have a bit of the talent..kindness etc..what he does)

however ..the horrible speller I am a shout out to Dev and my editors at work for always looking after my horrible grammar on article's documents etc... now if only they could follow me to the forums..LOL

good lord please dont call me a poet..that is a disservice to real poets everywhere..ohh that was a good chuckle today indeed

edit to say..dang I wish Steely Dan could have gotten my name spelt right on that album

Last edited:
Yeah, talk about that Steely Dan needing spellcheck themselves :lmao:

Just like the JFK grassy knoll theory, I don't believe any one person acted alone, but there are 'persons of interest' here.:|

I also feel so bad for the other mods and staff members who were not part of it and now really don't know what to do or say :( and all the fans who beLIEved. :sad:

Last edited:
JessicaAnn said:

Not that I want to get involved in all the drama that's been going on around here but may I offer a suggestion ...

Again just a suggestion ...

That's a great idea but there's only one thing wrong with it.....anyone can take a head shot of Edge and stick it on someone else's body by using Photoshop. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something from Principle Management that's posted on U2.com saying this is indeed Edge or the official word from Edge in an interview seen on TV would be about the only thing that would be good enough.

arw9797 said:

That's a great idea but there's only one thing wrong with it.....anyone can take a head shot of Edge and stick it on someone else's body by using Photoshop. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something from Principle Management that's posted on U2.com saying this is indeed Edge or the official word from Edge in an interview seen on TV would be about the only thing that would be good enough.

Unless it was a professional graphic artist it would be relatively easy to detect a fake. Even if it were a professional job it's really hard to create something that would stand up to close scrutiny. Personally I'd be more than happy with a picture like the one Jessica Ann suggested. Given the sometimes ham-handed nature of this apparent forgery I doubt a convincing picture like this would be within the forgers' capabilities.

brook said:
1. "The Edge" posted one of his earlier threads - his "Good Morning Friends" post - at 7:13 a.m. eastern time (or, 1 in the afternoon in Ireland). Why would he say "Good Morning" at 1 in the afternoon?

2. The next post Edge made was at 12:54 a.m. (that'd be 6:54 a.m. in Europe) - Good Evening Interferencers! Again, was Edge confused about his time?

I'm having a little hard time figuring out your time line. The way I have it the "Good Morning" Thread was posted at 1:13 AM Central Time, and the "Good Evening" one at 6:54 PM Central Time. I think you are reading the times incorrectly. Keep in mind that the times you are seeing in the threads is your time zone or the time zone you have set in your profile, not the the posters. What time zone do you have your profile set to, it looks to me like you have it set to GMT not U.S. Eastern zone.

On a different topic, I find it extremely amusing that someone has posted a link to a thread at the atu2 forum in which the person I believe to be Dalkey Beach is also a poster. I believe the link was posted in order to highlight a comment from the Admin at that site that is just as vague and inconclusive as the responses given here. But I think its ironic that that was the thread that is linked here.

Aah yes the "proverbial source close to the band" that really clears things for me.

I've already concluded that at this point whatever happens it is a lose lose situation. And that's pretty sad.

Further questions, in relation to my original posting in this thread on 10-08-2004 09:09 AM (Perth time and date):

3b Please outline the details of this sites Quality Assurance Programme
3c Timeliness. It has been five days since my original request in Elvis journal to which I'm yet to receive a response. Elvis also has not made an appearance in this thread for quite some time. Please define the customer relation reply policy.

Thank you.

I REALLY believe this thing has gone far enough and needs to be put out of its misery before anyone gets hurt. There are still girls posting about "Edge" posting here and talking to him like he's real. This isn't fair to anyone. From what I've seen today and yesterday, the case is closed. All the evidence is in this thread posted by several people. Can it please end now? :|

ThatGuy said:
Beli he did have time to come into another thread and defend his fiscal policy.

Thanks. I was under the, obviously mistaken, understanding that this was the only thread in which Elvis would address management issues. My apologies.

Do you have a link, please?

Rose,
I saw that screen name as well and it triggered a bell. I went to check it out in an old thread and found that the email had been removed (which I totally understand, rightly so). I'm glad someone else saw this as well.

I just want to understand what's going on. I've looked at other message boards and have read what people are saying about the people at this site and it bothers me. If we're being lied to, I feel we should know.

Also, I would like to say again thank you to the mods for keeping this place from becoming an unreadable mess during the busy times. I know you put a lot of time and effort into the site and I enjoy this place immensely, I just don't like being told half truths or out-and-out lies.

beli said:

Thanks. I was under the, obviously mistaken, understanding that this was the only thread in which Elvis would address management issues. My apologies.

Do you have a link, please?

It was in hiphop's thread in this same forum. I'll quote his response:

Originally posted by Elvis 2 1/2 hours ago in another thread
Unfortunately we've been through all of this before. Enough money is not generated via advertising and affiliate links, or donations alone to keep this place growing and expanding. By making search and profiles availble for free you take away a huge chunk of encouragement for people to even become Premium.

And to Tomer who thinks enough money is MADE on this site... you are so wrong.

http://forum.interference.com/t98691.html

Well I'm sure he's very busy and finds it hard to decide which threads most need his time and attention.

Tip Top Prince said:
http://forum.interference.com/t97382.html

My apologies Katey. It was Angela Harlem who decided that the speculation = harrassment. Very strange.

Excellent work Tip Top. :up:

I was told by Elvis himself about 3 - 4 weeks ago to cease with my 'destructive negativity'. I made a definite effort after that to just keep the hell out of EYKIW and its subforums. The whole point was my disbelief that this is Edge, had always been the problem. Do I think it is Edge? Hell no. I actually have a strong suspicion on who the actual person is, but unlike the reasons for my disbelief and proof of, I dont have any actual proof in this area (being who it is, not being Edge)... Just a whole bunch of suspicious question marks.

Which comes back to any other day, in the life of interference, is bugging members allowed? Not really. I can see full well why these alters are being bugged and I call this nothing more than self inflicted by this member. But, as our rules state, members can have alters as long as they are not abused. Members can post with their chosen nicknames without fear of being harrassed. Despite my absolute belief that Interference is being outright lied to, the person who is using this nick (unfortunately) still has the same rights as everyone else. I put unfortunately here in brackets because this happens to have evolved as one of the most contentious issues this site has seen in a long time, and like I said before, I truly think the person behind this alter has brought all this on him/herself. Go wave a nice juicy t-bone infront of a hungry German Sheppard, but dont come whinging to me when it bites you. Alas, on that day I was still a mod and my opinion couldn't matter - so I had to act as I did. There are by all means flaws in anyone's moderating, as we cannot act uniformly at all times, but that is the reason why that was closed.

I'm glad you brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom