How do you fix your custom avatar to the right size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need some kind of image editing program. Many here like Photoshop. I use software that came with my scanners. Also, there are many people here (myself included) who do not mind helping people out with creating avatars for them.

If you have photoshop, you open the picture you want to use, crop it to your liking then open a new file, set the pixals to 72 x 72, go back to your picture, ctrl a (select all ) ctrl c (copy) and go back to the new file and do a ctrl v (paste) ctrl t ( to bring the sizing tool up) hold down shift and drag the left bottom corner up until your picture is perfectly in the box. Click the move tool button and it will ask you to apply. Click yes.. then file --> save for web and make sure its under 7k (if not you can lower the optimization level until it is) then save.

If you dont have photoshop well.. *shrugs* lol.
Someone can help you.

I did what you said sicy and it does not work. I just get the corner of a picture.....I think i need help.....

Do CTRL T and it should select the avatar and make like little boxes... thats the sizing tool.. then you drag it so that not just the corner is showing.

I did the control t and it looks bad. it won't let me crop my picture either. I just got this computer so i am not that familiar with everything yet...

Back
Top Bottom