How about a new look, guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Out of curiosity, would there be room to upgrade to vBulletin 3, as well?

Melon

An upgrade to vb3 would be a massive time consuming execise as a LOT of this site has been hacked/custom coded and ALL of that would need to be redone. I dont have the time for such an undertaking at this time, nor in the immediate future. If someone capable were to volunteer... and actually commit to doing it, I'd consider.

Chizip said:
melon told me he would do it

If I get time, I'd consider volunteering. As it is, my life is pretty chaotic right now.

I miss stability...

Melon

melon said:

If I get time, I'd consider volunteering. As it is, my life is pretty chaotic right now.

I miss stability...

Melon

I'm in the process of moving 2732.2 miles away... so my life is a little chaotic at the moment also :D

Elvis said:

I'm in the process of moving 2732.2 miles away... so my life is a little chaotic at the moment also :D

i hear its not the first 2732 miles, but the last .2 that are the killer

Chizip said:
cujo told me he'd do it

I would have the new board up and running in no time with the format of post-it notes and carrier pigeons.

:up:

Elvis said:
An upgrade to vb3 would be a massive time consuming execise as a LOT of this site has been hacked/custom coded and ALL of that would need to be redone. I dont have the time for such an undertaking at this time, nor in the immediate future. If someone capable were to volunteer... and actually commit to doing it, I'd consider.

Elvis,
I have done a few vb3 installs, if I knew the code/hacks that you had in place here I could start finding all the replacements, and see what you have that might be incorporated into vb3 already...If it's something you really want to do...

Chrisedge said:

Elvis,
I have done a few vb3 installs, if I knew the code/hacks that you had in place here I could start finding all the replacements, and see what you have that might be incorporated into vb3 already...If it's something you really want to do...

How familiar are you with php and mysql? Reason I ask... A lot of what I've done here is custom, and not just 'hacks' that I've gotten from someone else.... as well, there are several 'hacks' from others which I've modified to suit our needs.

Over the past year, I've had a few people volunteer... only to flake out, which leaves me to believe that if it's ever going to get done... either I'm going to have to do it, or pay someone to (and at this point option 2 is not an option).

Joel

Well probably not familiar enough, but maybe we should take it offline.

you can email me if you want...

Back
Top Bottom