Hmmm i'd like to suggest a few things to improve the atmosphere in the forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I've been away this last week and i must say it's getting really annoying and weary to come and see the tenseness in the forum.

:rant:

I mean, who voted what in a poll, sweet threads turning into "popularity contest" debates, all the arguing over donations, the behaviour of certain members... does it never end?

So - i'd like to ask the moderators/admins if they would consider:

- deleting the arguing posts the second the first rude post appears in a thread.

- thus making the two persons in question settle the matter via PM.

- and (considering what happened the last time around and IMO was the reason for all the anger that followed) never let the "who voted what" question appear in a poll thread. It's rude - because the votes are private and it's not fair to single anyone out based on their vote, and besides it's useless because only the mods know. Polls will be forgotten in a matter of days, so what's the big deal about them? (Is it really worth getting upset over some internet poll? How relevant is it in the big picture?) And the fact is there ARE several options to pick from in a poll - and if the poll is bugging you in any way, well, DON'T VOTE.
If this will continue, maybe polls should just be dropped for good...

Now posters:

It would be nice if people stopped putting others down for having a different opinion. It's not too much to at least hear someone out, is it?

And just for once, when a popular and a less known poster clash, i think it's only fair to let the two of them talk, without a few others "supporting" the popular one and pick on the less known one.
Hello high school. :rolleyes: If we're supposed to not be cliquey this kind of stuff has to stop.

And lastly, i hope that the "if you don't like it here, leave" attitude would not spread anymore. It's really only a "screw you" (excuse my language) wrapped up in a more pretty vocabulary IMO. The way i see it, we should work on Interference being a community - and so generally everyone is welcome.

But hey, who ever listens to me anyway right?

Ah i forgot - is it really not possible not to have the "popularity contest" debate come up over and over again? No need to mess up the well-intended nice threads.

:banghead:

I agree.
Sometimes in FYM a discussion turnes into an argument because one member didnt like the way someone else said something.

...and if i have to read any more of those "pro and anti Pop" or "pro and anti ATYCLB" debates i swear i'll start breaking stuff.

break it

U2girl said:
...and if i have to read any more of those "pro and anti Pop" or "pro and anti ATYCLB" debates i swear i'll start breaking stuff.

:shocked: :laugh: :silent:

And please no more "Bono hair" fights either.

ps: Um, you mean my status "walking the ball"?
:angel:

Errr - never mind my previous post. Well, statuses come and go - what can i say?

Last edited:
hehehe Maja, some good ideas as usual. Unfortunately, I dont think anyone can do much about certain poster's behaviour or attitudes toward people. Not everyone is as consious of their manners like you for instance. I think all the guidelines in the world could be posted up here and still people would not follow, they will always fall back on the 'I have a right to speak my mind' argument. That is true I guess, but you can't set guidelines for manners and polite behaviour - its something you would hope people can work out on their own.

Polls on popular members is something I agree with though. I personally dont care either way for them, but one recently came up and the author of the thread had all the good intentions in the world with it and still others were annoyed. It got me thinking, good intentions aside, if it is making others feel unhappy then we should question their place here. The threads, not those oppsing them lol.

As for the attitude of some where they say if you dont like it, leave, and comments to that effect, I agree completely. I have never liked that attitude being put forward. It is plain common sense that that is the case. We all know if we dont like it here, we will stop posting, we dont need someone to be rude and say it. The concept of not liking it here and therefore leaving is a given, it is not necessary to say it to others and you are right when you say it invites a sense of not being welcome into the forums.

And also, if anyone says POP is not the greatest masterpiece of our time, I WILL break something! I mean it! Dont push me!!!!
Arghhhhhhhh :yell:

Angela Harlem said:
hehehe Maja, some good ideas as usual. Not everyone is as consious of their manners like you for instance.

Ahem...i have good and bad days about manners or ideas - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom