History only saves last 1000 posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to like to go back and read random old threads based on my post history, but now I can only go back 1000 posts - which is like August. :( Am I doing something wrong?

crap, all that posting gold...gone :sad:

I hope it's just that you're an idiot, and you know I say that with love :angry:

I brought this up to them a while ago. I used to like to search my old posts as well. I believe the reason was it is a huge load on the server/database to load all the posts, especially if you have like 10,000 posts.

What you can do to find older posts, is search your username in a specific forum, that will bring up 1000 from just that forum, rather than just the last 1000 for all forums.

Sicy = Genius. Thanks. I have some of them saved in the CP too - but you may recall you posted a link that deletes all threads saved in the CP - and being one of those idiots* that has to click on something like to see what happens - I clicked it and cleared my CP out. Maybe someday the technology will catch up and we can find all out old posts. Thanks again.

* No offense taken. It's a birthright.

You are an idiot, I can safely vouch for this.

Man, there are some treasures in my posting past that I'd hate to not be able to revisit......glad Sicy showed us the path.

What you can do to find older posts, is search your username in a specific forum, that will bring up 1000 from just that forum, rather than just the last 1000 for all forums.

*looks at post count*

*calculates post averages in various forums*

*does some algebra for shits and giggles*

That's not gonna get me very far. :sad:

But it's a good tip. Helps a bit, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom