Here's a crazy idea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I think it would be a good idea if the 5 chat threads in Lemonade Stand got merged into just one super chat thread. Aren't duplicate threads that consist of the same thing supposed to be merged? And aren't 5 threads designed just for chat the same thing? And don't tell me describe is a game thread, we all know it turned into chat looooong ago.

People that have supported chat threads have said they have taken the place of the chatroom, and they prefer it since they can go back and read posts. But the chatroom thingy didn't have 5 seperate rooms for chatting, just one room for all of us, so why do we really need 5 different chat threads?

Sooooo, I propose one thread in the lemonade stand for all chats. Who knows, it could bring us all together and make this a happier place!

:hides:

Last edited:
So what do you do when someone accidentally starts chatting in another thread?

Merge it instantly into the giant chat thread?

Because there are chat threads all over the place. :happy:

I nominate Chizip as "Chat Police". You can spend the whole day running around the boards regulating chatting!

I appreciate this thread!

Last edited:
Chizip said:
I think it would be a good idea if the 5 chat threads in Lemonade Stand got merged into just one super chat thread. Aren't duplicate threads that consist of the same thing supposed to be merged? And aren't 5 threads designed just for chat the same thing? And don't tell me describe is a game thread, we all know it turned into chat looooong ago.

People that have supported chat threads have said they have taken the place of the chatroom, and they prefer it since they can go back and read posts. But the chatroom thingy didn't have 5 seperate rooms for chatting, just one room for all of us, so why do we really need 5 different chat threads?

Sooooo, I propose one thread in the lemonade stand for all chats. Who knows, it could bring us all together and make this a happier place!

:hides:

:rolleyes:

Well obviously some threads end up derailed and that leads to some chatting, but at least the original intent of the thread was to discuss a topic.

The original intent of all 5 of these threads in lemonade stand are just to chat. Usually when threads have the same intent to do the same thing then they are merged.

I appreciate your appreciation!

Chizip said:

:cute:

Call it the Disney thread!
:heart:

Nice counter points people, some great discussion here.

Seriously, if you're against this idea then why don't you explain why.

Look, I'm not against the idea. I don't particularly like chat threads. I appreciate anti-chat chat.

Anyway, the fact is that people have their own cliques and don't want to be merged. :shrug:

*Weighs options by hand*

Lets see.. merge 5 different cliques into one thread, and then have something like... 100 people pissed off......

or

Leave them as is, and have Chizip pissed off......

Hmm... that's a hard one.

I am not a big fan of all the chat threads either but such is life in LS. No big changes will be happening anytime soon. We've discussed this subject to death.

It would be nice though if the DESCRIBE thread could kind of get back to its original topic of DESCRIBING the person above you, then maybe that way more people might like to participate without feeling like an outsider.. :shrug: Just a thought.

Sicy said:

It would be nice though if the DESCRIBE thread could kind of get back to its original topic of DESCRIBING the person above you, then maybe that way more people might like to participate without feeling like an outsider.. :shrug: Just a thought.

:uhoh:

We put arrows in most of our posts! And we even actually describe the person sometimes. :wink: At least, I do. But after a while, it gets boring to describe the same person over and over again. And I don't think we've EVER been closed minded to new people coming in. In fact, there's been a ton of new people posting there off late! I don't see the thread as a clique at all. :shrug:

I think I posted once or twice in there and everyone was like "WOW Sicy is here??!!" Like it was some crazy thing that I just entered a forbidden thread or something :huh:

oh yeah I remember that! :sigh: I forget who it was... just ignore them! I'm sure they were just a little intimidated by the presence of a mod! :D But surely you've noticed that there's always new people in that thread... constantly!

hmm, it seems that people try to deny that there are "cliques" here but then when there is a suggestion where they would have to intermingle it is frowned upon.

i say down with cliques, let us all love one another equally!

I soooo wanted to start the "Post Whores Unite!" chat thread, but Sicy told me she knows were I live.... :yikes:

....besides, with my luck no one would post there. :sad:

:wink:

Chizip said:
Well obviously some threads end up derailed and that leads to some chatting, but at least the original intent of the thread was to discuss a topic.

The original intent of all 5 of these threads in lemonade stand are just to chat. Usually when threads have the same intent to do the same thing then they are merged.

I appreciate your appreciation!

I appreciate this :up:

Sicy said:
I think I posted once or twice in there and everyone was like "WOW Sicy is here??!!" Like it was some crazy thing that I just entered a forbidden thread or something :huh:

i think maybe they were afraid you were there to tell them off:wink:

zootles :up: there's plenty of "new people" posting in DESCRIBE all the time

i don't know about the other chat threads since i don't post in them :shrug:

Chizip said:
hmm, it seems that people try to deny that there are "cliques" here but then when there is a suggestion where they would have to intermingle it is frowned upon.

i say down with cliques, let us all love one another equally!

Yeah but you're never gonna be able to create that ONE perfect thread where EVERYBODY posts and gets along really well with everyone else! It's just not gonna work, just like in the real world! Speaking for Describe, there's tons of new people all the time who seem to feel at home pretty quickly, after just a few days of posting.. from what I've seen! :shrug:

Besides, I don't see you regularly posting in any of them! What's your problem all of a sudden? :madspit: :wink:

back in the day when there was the u2 chatroom where all the chat used to happen, it was just one room where evvvverybody intermingled. there werent a few different rooms for the various cliques where they would only chat amongst themselves.

and lets say another group of people come around and they want to have their own chat thread. but its closed because there are already too many, is that really fair to that clique? just because they werent here early enough to start their own chat thread?

i think this place has become maybe a little too cliquey these days.

well when youve got 5 seperate chat threads for 5 different types of "cliques" in 1 forum, and the thought merging the threads horrifys everybody, then yes, maybe this place has become a bit too cliquey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom