help i cant access profiles and search stuff.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~fairy_girl~

Acrobat
sorry if there is already a topic about this.

but when i clicked on 'search' and when i clicked on 'my profile' i get this message ...

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

also happens when i click PM and other user profiles, i tested it. :huh:

it worked before cos i searched for somit the other day cos i havent been to the site for a few weeks. :(

thanks for replying, but how come i could do it before then ? this is my only username here, and i have not upgraded or whatever to premium member :huh:

so how do i access my profile and veiw my own recent posts ?

~fairy_girl~ said:
so how do i access my profile and veiw my own recent posts ?

You need to subscribe to become a premium member to access these features.

This topic has been being discussed for the last few months now.

Re: fxglfdzvv4w5

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Oddly enough, I got that same message today.

You're a premium member.. you shouldnt be getting those messages.

:|

oi you're kidding.

What were you trying to do when it happened and does it happen only once?

KhanadaRhodes said:
premium memberships only went into effect after december 1st. it's only $12 a year (or $2 a month). :D

ok thanks, thats why then. :)

so i need to pay $12 to access other members profiles and even my own ? :huh: guess thats a good way to raise money.

Sicy said:

You need to subscribe to become a premium member to access these features.

This topic has been being discussed for the last few months now.

right thanks, maybe i will subscribe.

and sorry but i dont post here that often. and i saw a message about premium members and i thought it was something like another board i visit, which is that they have an exclusive forum.

Sicy said:
oi you're kidding.

What were you trying to do when it happened and does it happen only once?

I tried to do a search, and that didn't work. I hit the back button and tried to get into my PM's, but that didn't work. I logged out and logged back in, and then I was fine. :huh:

Bonochick said:

I tried to do a search, and that didn't work. I hit the back button and tried to get into my PM's, but that didn't work. I logged out and logged back in, and then I was fine. :huh:

Sounds like you may have just had a problem with cookies/your browser.. not to mention... Bonochick... you're a mod - so this is in no relation to Premium members. hehe. Also, even if it did happen to a Premium member, it would most likely be the same thing, as technically, there are no major changes to the forum, just permissions have been altered. In english: The problem you encountered had notning to do with member status.

Joel

Bonochick said:
Ah...thank ya, Elvis!

And.... to make things more clear...
I have updated the error message (for those members that don't know about Premium memberships) to read as follows:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You must be a Premium member to access this page or forum. To find out more Click Here.

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Back
Top Bottom